Friday, October 24, 2008

Peanut...Peanut Butter & JELLY!

Today I made grape jelly. It was easy - but a bigger chore with a 10-month old than I anticipated. One batch of jelly only makes 4 pints...so it took awhile. I ended up with 16 pints & 3 jelly jars & didn't even use all of my grapes! Now I know that I don't need to pick as many from my backyard...takers?? Mona (Casey's mom) had to come help me (THANK YOU!) get started because it was my first time & that kind of stuff intimidates me. I'm not as domesticated as I think I should be. Oh well!
First you pick & wash the grapes.
Then you put them into a steamer/juicer thing for a whole hour.

Then you mix your juice with sugar & pectin and cook it for a bit.

Put it in jars & process away!

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Way to Go!!!!! You Rock