Sunday, August 29, 2010

Yeeeee ha!

Ahhhhhh. The wonderful Box Elder County Fair. On Wednesday night my brothers were both participating in the Wild Cow Saddling event for the Bulls, Broncs & Barrels night....needless to say it was some good watching! The whole evening went pretty slow - but towards the end of the evening a bull rider got kicked in the back of the head & knocked out (should've worn a helmet!!) and a bull took off over the fence & into the stands. I'm glad I wasn't sitting there. Casey & I managed to share a corn dog & eat a rodeo burger that night. I don't know the carneys secret to corn dogs....and perhaps I really don't even want to know....but the are fabulous. I'm excited for Peach Days to inhale another one!!

On Thursday - you'll never believe this - Caleb ended up sick. Around 11:30 he was sitting in his high chair playing with play-doh when I asked him what he wanted to do next & he said "I want to go night night" How cute! So - I pick him up & he was so hot! Gave him some medicine & off to nap time it was. Poor kid. Are toddlers always sick? Just 2 weeks ago he had a double ear infection. Give the kid a freaking break already!

So - after his nap we headed out to the car and just as I was about to back up - I see my sister pull in behind me. She comes walking up my side of the car & we are both dressed in hot pink shirts with a black tank underneath. CLOSE CALL!! We've ended up wearing the same looking outfits before & I'm afraid we're going to have to start calling each other before we hang out. Want to know why she was stopping by? She wanted to know if her shoes looked dumb with her shorts!! What a random reason - but I'm so glad she stopped! She had to change since I didn't have anything else to fit my body.

The real reason for Thursday was my baby brother Dylan was showing a steer. He didn't do to hot - but he looked smokin out there in the ring with his FFA jacket. I bet he's beating girls off with a stick on a daily basis. After he showed his steer we inhaled some more fair food - I had Dutch Oven potatoes, BBQ Chicken, Scones & homemade root beer....it was divine!
Angela let her kids ride a few rides....it was 96 degrees!! No shade...I thought I was going to die. I drank so much water. I swear - I'm part camel lately.
Jordon & Blake & my dad chillin on a bench.
Angela & Griffen screaming their faces off.
Caleb loved the small animal barn. Every time a rooster would crow he'd put his hand up to his face and say "OH MY GOSH!! WHAT IS IT?? A rooster?!?!" He also loved the rabbit that was out to pet. He kept hugging it & kissing it...but we convinced him that hugging it was enough. We then all shared cheesecake on a stick. I thought that Blake was going to cry because he couldn't have his own. Mmmmmmm.....fair food is so freaking good!
This afternoon Casey lost a bet. HA HA HA! I heart winning. Since Caleb was sick Casey stayed home from church because it's freaking impossible for me to find someone to play the piano last minute - so when I came home from church Casey was cleaning the bathroom (cause he LOST) and Caleb had fallen asleep on the couch. Poor kid. He napped for almost 4 hours, but woke up without a fever. I hope tomorrow he feels a whole lot better than the last 4 days.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I have to say that since moving to Nebraska I have never missed tree town (or UT for that matter). However, after your pics I do miss the county fair.

Angela said...

Ahhhh, the fair. That was pretty fun. Nice pics! I want some, so lemme know when you're ready to share. PS next time you have to change :)

Ashley said...

I love the pic of Caleb with the bunny. Sooo cute!

Sandra said...

You are correct, Dylan is smokin hot. You and Ang - what can I say - gotta love ya!!!
I agree with Ashley. That pic of Caleb and that bunny is freaking cute, cute, cute!