Thursday, October 4, 2012

Freeze Fall Picnic

I was totally bummed that I didn't get the opportunity to celebrate National Toasted Marshmallow Day this year.  It happened to fall on a night when Casey was working & I wasn't about to tackle loading up my children with roasting sticks & then head off to start a fire.  That would've been a diaster just waiting to happen!
On a whim one Sunday in September I called Casey's family (except for Shelby...he lives in Price & I don't think he would've made the drive for a hot dog & mallow) and we headed off to Second Dam for a little dinner.  It happened to be the 20 year aniversary of Mona's dad's death.  It wasn't a celebration...but a little get together for fall & for his memory.  Mona has said that her dad loved watching the leaves fall in to the river this time of year.  I can't imagine losing a parent at this stage in life.  It would be very difficult.  I have a lump in my throat just typing this!  (I'm a pansy)
Caleb LOVES his cousins Logan & Nathanael.  I think he might even drive them a bit crazy because he follows them everywhere and talks & talks & talks their ears off.  It was a beautiful fall evening.  The kids were all well behaved & my mallow was fabulous.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

You and your mallows. I love the girls jeans!! You look skinny in these pics :)

Sandra said...

She does look skinny, I was thinking the exact same thing when I was looking. You do a good job of painting a picture, I could feel the fall weather and taste the mallows.

Angela said...

You do look skinny. Great minds think alike. You are such a wimp. I don't know why you couldn't have managed NTMD on you own. ;)

Kim said...

I too thought you look skinny. Even before I read the comments. Cute pictures. That's a good family pic of you guys. You could have roasted mini mallows with a toothpick and a candle.

Shels said...

You always do such fun things. Those kiddos are lucky to have you as their mommy!