Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Santa - Birthday - GROSS

Earlier this month we took a trip to the Newgate Mall to see Santa!  On our car ride there Caleb said, "How long until we get to the North Pole?"  Caleb asked Santa for a robot & a train.  The girls wouldn't speak to him - but no tears were shed.  Luke & Lexi didn't say much either.
 We ate at the food court.  I hate to admit it, but the Chinese food was actually fabulous.  The kids loved the little merry-go-round.  Rylee kept petting her horse & whispering to him.
 I turned 33.  Caleb & Casey got me a red velvet cake & Caleb loaded it up with candles.  That night Angela & Ashley babysat so that Casey & I could go see Christmas with Juanito Bandito & out to dinner.  We went to Elements in Logan & it was delicious! 
 I can't seem to catch a break.  I have been having excruciating pain for a while.  I never knew when it was going to happen or what would trigger it.  I drove myself to the ER a couple of times DYING, but the pain would be over by the time I got there, so I'd just go home.  Well - one night I had enough.  They did an ultra sound on me & found that my gall bladder was completely contracted with stones.  So - on December 19th I had my gall bladder removed.  I stayed at the hospital for a night & at my parents house with Luke & Lexi for a couple of nights after that & I actually feel pretty good now!  This picture is disgusting - but this way I don't have to keep the bottle full of them tucked away in a drawer like a creepy hoarder.  Grossness documented.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Those are the cutest pictures. I love the looks on the faces in the Santa one and the merry-go-round looks like a big hit. Cute birthday pic and I'm glad your not keeping the stones. Ewwww.

Sandra said...

Seriously, you are blogging at 7:00 am on Christmas morning. What a woman. I love Caleb's face in the Santa picture. So cute. The stones are gross and so many of them. How big is a gall bladder?

Keri said...

I so want your stones for a show and tell for my health class. Ha! Hope your feeling better.