Saturday, November 15, 2014

Deer Hunt

I actually accompanied Casey this year, along with the three older kids, and we went deer hunting with him!  His family has a tradition and every year they go to Elk Valley for opening weekend.  There was quite a crew there!!  Shelby even managed to get a gigantic canvas tent that we all fit in....and I even managed to get a bit of sleeping with all of the snoring that was going on. :)  Casey's Grandma Sorensen is amazing.  She is in her late 70's and she hauls her camp trailer up every year.  I was a nervous nelly just driving a truck up there!!  Lack of experience I guess. 
Most of the boys that can grow facial hair gave it a try.  Casey wimped out about a week before the hunt & trimmed it up.  He was looking like a creeper with his thin, scraggly beard so I wasn't sad to see it go.  Taylor, Rylee and McKenna are thick as thieves.  I am so glad that the time has came that they all like each other!!  Caleb got to help carve his name in Casey's tree this year!!
I think that Caleb had the time of his life.  He ate a ton of nacho cheese Doritos, got to go on plenty of 4-wheeler rides and got to hunt for deer and birds with his dad, uncles, Grandpa Brad and cousins.  Taylor & Rylee were freaking filthy.  That is just a sign of having the best time ever!
Casey wasn't successful this year, but that's ok.  There are plenty more years of hunting to come.  Ashley was a trooper & let Luke & Lexi stay at her house!  Here they are with Eva taking a much needed milk break one afternoon.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Seriously, seriously, they haven't made a tent big enough that I would sleep in it with all those stinky men. Casey might not have a deer to show off but I want to see your medal next time I'm at your house.!!!!!

Kim said...

That looks like fun. Where's your orange?