Remember this? It was just a couple of years ago!!
These little munchkins had their 2nd birthday!! I love their hair. Luke is my little Goldilocks. I love it. More times than not - Lexi's hair is a hot mess. But when it's fixed, it's darling. I remember when Taylor & Rylee were 2 I was just putting tiny ponytails on top of their heads.
We gave them pillows for their birthday & I made them cute and kind of matchy pillow cases. Luke loved his dinosaurs. He flopped his whole body onto the pillows like he was in heaven. Lexi didn't care much until it was bed time. There was so much going on - pillows were the last thing on her mind.
Along with the pillows, we got a killer deal on this little mini trampoline. They both love it! They also got a cute busy box & book from Brad & Mona and a race car and princess dress from my siblings. Luke is starting to figure out his race car and he loves it.
The last gift we gave them was a fishing game. A hand-made fishing game! I had to work some graveyard shifts at Crystal Inn - so I sewed up 14 little fishies! I found the cute buckets and Casey crafted the handle on to them...Shelby made them the wood part. Talk about a team effort! Luke loved baby Jack Jack. Mona & brad love to give our kids camo stuff. It is Casey's favorite color. I was surprised when I saw their matching outfits and told Mona she couldn't dress Lexi like a boy - but she looks pretty freaking adorable.
They have the cutest puppy & kitty that they sleep with every nap time & night time - that is how I decided their cakes for this year. They turned out pretty cute! I had put the '2' on the kitty and Caleb was doing the final inspection and said, "What about a 2 on Luke's?" I said, "There really isn't a space for it." He said, "Have it hanging from his collar." What a smartie pants.
I think I mastered a cake recipe. It's not dry & flaky. It's fantastic. My frosting was on point as well. I don't toot my own horn very often - but this birthday was a success. I love my little babies and hope that they had a WONDERUFL birthday.
Cake From Heaven
1 cake mix - any flavor or brand BUT JIFFY
1/3 Cup water
1/2 Cup vegetable oil
10 oz. sour cream
2 tsp vanilla flavor
1 tsp butter flavor
1/4 Cup flour
3 eggs
Mix for 3 minutes on medium speed. Bake at 350 for 25-35 minutes.





4 comments:
So, so freakin adorable!! Happy Birthday Babies
♥Love, love, love this.
Everything about it.
Happy Birthday Babies!
That blog was so adorable it made my heart hurt. I know you hear it and I know I've said it before but you are doing a great job! Seriously, Teagan kicks my ass when I have her all day. I think you are amazing.
Where has the time gone. Lexi does rock camo! :-) Love these little ones and also those 3 bigger ones.
Post a Comment