Thursday, November 5, 2015

Pumpkin Party!

It was my year to host the pumpkin carving party!  Caleb got to clean out his own pumpkin this year.  From the look on his face - I don't think that he enjoyed it.  I have an obsession with polka dots - so Casey got out his drill for me & I went to work!  Luke was very impressed with the drill.  He would get the cutest surprised look on his face every time I would drill a hole.  AND - he got a hair cut.  I don't want to talk about it.
Everyone was busy, busy, busy with their pumpkins.  Ashley was busy with Jackson and my mom was busy chasing kids, making sure they had on extra layers of jackets and snapping pictures.
My mother is out of control.  She made WORMS!  Taylor wouldn't try it.  Caleb, Eva and Rylee did though.  As Rylee was chewing hers she said, "So, is this worm still alive?"  I didn't get a picture - but my mom also made the kids mummy dogs.  They looked delicious.  The rest of us brought ingredients for taco salad and I made some yummy pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting.
As always, our pumpkins were masterpieces.  I don't know what it is - but Blake's pumpkin gave me pure joy.  His is the cute little smiley face at the bottom right.  Caleb-ghost, Brittni-polka dots, Don-vampire, Ashley-cat, Derrick-witch, Brittni-bat, Casey-scary jack!

2 comments:

Sandra said...

That is one seriously talented family. I too love Blake's Pumpkin. Casey's is a close second. I love the look on Luke's face, too funny. I love his hair cut too, have I mentioned that I think he's a little stud??

Kim said...

Great pictures.
I love it!
I hope this blog is a book one day.