We packed up the kids, the towels and a lunch and headed to the small beach at Hyrum Dam to play one day. It's a lot of work to pack up for all of these tiny people! BUT-it was a fun outing, and close to home too! I think we only got asked, "Are we there yet?", twice.
My pretty posers. Taylor has really been getting into it lately.
Casey loves to swim. I love to sit on the beach.
My cuties found a log and some shade to eat their sandwiches.
Luke is my kind of kid. He just liked staying at the shore line throwing rocks into the water. It got pretty hot, so I kind of forced him to get his body a bit wet to cool him down a bit. After that, he would go about knee deep.
The boys were cracking up splashing each other.
Caleb found some crab pieces. Because that was a normal thing to find at the dam. He insisted that we took them home. He loves to collect ANYTHING.
Little miss sassy pants. She would walk out into the water until it was up to her neck if I would let her. She hated the life jacket and the water wings. Collecting sand at the water floor and throwing it was her favorite thing to do.
My mom said that when I was little we would go to Hyrum Dam to play with some ward members quite often. It's sad that I don't remember it, but I am glad that she does. I mentioned wanting to take my kids to the ocean next summer and Casey's brother said, "Why? They won't even remember it." I thought about that for a couple of days and it hit me, I know that they may not remember it, but I will. I still matter.


3 comments:
I want to go to Hyrum Dam.....RIGHT NOW... it's so hot. cute pictures
Awwwww fun. Little Lexi looks so cute in her little swimming suit with her hands on her hips. I guess it doesn't matter who you're making the memories for as long as you are making memories. I will always remember Lexi flipping her hair at breakfast. lol I love her little sassy attitude, so cute!!!
Lexi is a little Miss Sassy Pants. I love it! Enjoy Luke's timid stage. I predict one day that that boy will be very daring and scare you to death. I used to take you and Angela to Hyrum Damn once a week in the summers for a couple of years with friends from Bothwell. Sherri Firth had a peddle boat and we would take toys and lunch and make a day of it. Sad that you don't remember. I think we have some pictures. I'd probably take the kids to the ocean when they are teenagers so they will remember. But that's just me. If you want to go sooner then go sooner.
Post a Comment