Casey switched schedules!!! He is now working a NORMAL shift. I think this is the first normal-ish shift he has worked the whole time that we have been married. He will work Tue-Fri from 5AM to whenever he finishes. It will be so nice! When he was transitioning form one schedule to another, he ended up with a whole week off. For one of those days we went for an adventure.
We started at the dog park in Logan and walked along the Logan river walkway all the way to Willow Park. Caleb & I definitely should have worn different shoes. It wasn't necessarily a long, strenuous walk....but it was H O T. I think it was a little over a mile walk...but with 5 kids, it took a while.
I wish that my earring didn't look so weird in this picture. But I just wanted to document that I did exist on this day. The river looked so refreshing!
Taylor & Rylee rode their scooters most of the way. They only needed a couple of breaks. Caleb says that when we go on walks his ankles start to hurt. I hope that he didn't inherit my fabulous ankles. We stopped at a great shady spot right before Willow Park and ate our lunch. I love when my kids tell me "Thanks for lunch!" :)
My little posing Taylor. She sat on this tree and insisted that I take her picture. This is the pose she chose. She was cracking herself up.
I attempted a family selfie. I guess with this crew, it wouldn't be a bad call to get a selfie stick. I can't believe I just said that.
The goats were definitely a highlight of the park. Rylee LOVES little animals. Luke loves them also...but he doesn't get to close. We also got to see the turtles get fed.
We were FINALLY just about back to the car and decided to walk down to the river bed and stick our feet in. It's crazy how hot the day was...and how ice cold the river was.
This baby boy & his rocks. He could've stayed there all day long.








2 comments:
You never take a bad picture, seriously, I have never seen a bad picture of you. Amazing! Looks like a busy day. I can't even imagine doing that with 5 littles. Time to get Caleb some hightops.
I am excited for your family with Casey's normal shift. It should make life a lot more enjoyable. My ankles would hurt in flip flops also. That boy should wear some athletic shoes. I think selfie sticks are a great invention. I love the pics of Rylee & Luke with the goats. Looks like a fun outing.
Cute, cute kids. ♥♥♥
Post a Comment