Monday, November 7, 2016

GV & PW

One of my favorite traditions is the annual shopping trip with my witches to Gardner Village.  Sandra was a superstar this year and made us a yummy lunch before we headed to the village to shop away.  My mom was on a mission this year.  She was all ready to get started on making herself a fabulous witch ensemble.   She succeeded in finding a sweet cape, a spider necklace & some gloves.  Angela found the CUTEST hat in the history of hats.  Lexi was funny in the bottom picture...she didn't' want to sit next to the witch.
The most fabulous moment happened.  We found a witch that they made just for my mom!!  She was eating a hot dog & sipping on a diet coke.  It cracked me up.
Lex LOVED trying on anything that we would let her.  She was so happy to be out with the girls doing big girl things!  Taylor & Rylee were busy little bodies.  They think they are getting to big to hold hands...but this mama wasn't ready to let them go yet!  We were small in number this year - but hopefully next year everyone can make it!  When I was having Sandra take my picture with my girls on the bridge, my bag fell into the water!!  I freeze in situations like that.  Angela jumped into action...climbed down some rocks and retrieved my bag.  A guy asked if she needed help....she's Wonder Woman.  She doesn't need your help!
THis is the 4th or 5th year in a row that we have went to the pumpkin walk over in North Logan.  This year I had plans to go with my neighbor, Toni.  Casey was supposed to be elk hunting...but came off of the mountain early because of snowy weather.  Pansy ;)  So, he got to join us in the fun. 
 
We have Luke, Rylee, RJ, Allie, Caleb, Taylor, Lexi & Mallori!
My cute family!
These were some of my favorite displays.  The flag was AWESOME! 
I wish that I would've taken more pictures of this display.  There were several Normal Rockewell painting 'pumpkin' scenes.  I remember when I was little, I would look through my Grandma & Grandpa Anderson's Normal Rockwell book that they had sitting in their front room.  It was one of my favorite things!
The cardboard cutouts are always a hit!  Caleb made a fabulous Cinderella.
Charlie Brown & the Great Pumpkin was a big scene this year too.  I should've taken more pictures of it.  Casey & I always take a selfie at the end of the pumpkin walk.  It's tradition!  After the walk, we took our picnic lunches to a fabulous park.  The kids ran off all of their energy.  It was a GREAT day!

5 comments:

Angela said...

GV is always a fun time. The pumpkin walk looks cute.

Sandra said...

GV is always fun, I love hanging with my witches. You didn't blog that you dropped your stuff in the river trying to take that picture and Angela went in after it and a nice man came to her rescues because I'm sure he thought she was going to drown. Ohhhh the memories!!!!
I love the cut out pictures. The look on Caleb's face is priceless.

Kim said...

GV was fun. I just needed more time! I love my roasting a hot dog, Diet Coke drinking Sister Witch.The Pumpkin walk looks cute.

Kim said...

And thanks to Mona for tending the boys so we could go!

Ashley said...

Sad I missed it! Next year!! We didn't do the pumpkin walk this year either... October seemed so crazy this year!