Monday, September 25, 2017

CaLiFoRniA

Happy trails to us!!  We loaded up Blue Steel and headed out on the road by 4 AM.  Not much more was going to fit in that van!
Just south of Las Vegas, in the middle of nowhere, were 3 GIANT towers that reflected onto thousands of solar panels!  It was an amazing thing to see.

 We almost made it all the way to Anaheim without any car sickness.  Rylee tossed her cookies about 5 minutes away from our destination.  She kept saying she didn't feel good, but she is a little dramatic at times, so we just kept on truckin.  We learned our lesson....she really wasn't feeling good!

I didn't account for the time change in our travels.  We reached our destination at 4 pm UTAH time, but it was only 3 pm California time.  The housekeepers were still cleaning when we arrived, so we had an hour to kill before we could get into our room - but it was worth the wait!  Master bedroorm, Mona's bedroom, full size bunk-beds for the kids, kitchen, 3 potties, 2 showers, pool & hot tub - this was so much better than an QQ hotel room.
The art work in our room was so cute!!
I love flowers.  They were some pretty awesome ones around the town home area.
Bunny ears everywhere...what a silly new stage.  
The room even had toys, games & dress up clothes!  Rylee was the first kiddo awake the next day and put on the Snow White costume.  And lucky for her I had packed that DVD, so we plugged it in.  Mona was the Glitter Queen!  She left a little sparkle wherever she went.  
Queen Mona & her Royal subjects.

The following day was Sunday and we decided to head to the ocean!  The kids were so nervous.
 We started walking towards the ocean and as soon as we got to the top of a sandy ridge, they saw the waves hitting the sand and couldn't stop themselves.  They RAN to dip their toes into the water.
They all had so much fun.  The ocean is magical in my opinion.
 Casey was the most daring this day.  It was pretty cloudy and cold!  Us ladies kept the pictures and movies going documenting the day.
 Sand, water, sunshine and good company is sometimes all that you really need. 
Goofballs!

4 comments:

Me said...

I think Casey gets dad of the year award for his act of saving the seashells and you get mom of the year award for your attention to all the details. And the kids get kids of the year award for just being so perfect. My heart is full.

Kim said...

Darling pictures and great memories! I love your room - WAY better than a motel. And dress up clothes and toys!?! So fun. The beach looks like a fun time. So glad I can see all the pictures.

Ashley said...

Your hotel looks amazing!! I need a beach day

Sandra said...

I think the ocean is magical too. I was the sister that always lost her cookies when we drove to Arizona. Memories...