Saturday, December 23, 2017

Christmas Spirit


Kids and their Christmas lists!!  I love them.  Lexi said she wanted a baby doll, and Luke said that he wanted a castle with a knight.
Eddie was up to some shenanigans this year.  He is quite the fun little elf!  
We had something so fun this year!  We had a 'Secret Santa' deliver us something for the 12 Days of Christmas.  It was such a fun thing for the whole family.  I think that I will try to pay it forward and think of a family next year that we can give gifts to.  We got some fabulous things...a game, a beautiful Christmas book, cupcakes, soup & bread, ice cream, paper dishes, and more!!
One afternoon we busted out our sugar cookies.  I've started making them early in the month, and then freezing them until we need them.  They are still just as fabulous!
I happened to find a gingerbread house kit at Walmart that had 5 tiny houses!  It's like it was made for my little people!  Every year I think that I am going to like this activity and I end up quite cranky by the time we are done.  We figured out this year that we aren't going to us frosting to keep the houses together.  We are using hot glue from now on.  The frosting is going to be for decor purposes only!
The Anderson party was a fun time as always.  They kids told us the nativity story.  They are a bunch of cuties!
Grammy & Papa Don gave Caleb some laser tag guns!  I remember playing laser tag with my dad when I was younger.  It made me so mad whenever he would shoot me using my image in the mirror.  They gave all of my other kids really cute sequin pillows!  They love them.
My little helper was all up in my kitchen doing whatever he could to help me get some Christmas goodies ready.  My divinity FINALLY worked this year.  It is Caleb's favorite.
I asked my mom if she wanted to meet up with us one night at Christmas Village in Ogden this year.  It was a good time!  Not too cold and not too crowded.  Luke was Grammy's best friend all night long.  We went to Lucky Slice for a slice of pizza afterwards.  I loved it...but the kids never want to go again.  It's a really small space & our pizza took forever.  I guess I'll just have to go without them.  
We went to Willard Bay to see the lights and Santa Claus.  We timed it perfectly - there wasn't a line at all to see him!  Caleb asked for a football, Taylor & Rylee asked for guitars (random), Lexi asked for a baby doll, and Luke couldn't get away from him fast enough!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Christmas...Honestly is looks exhausting. You are making great memories, and with all the pics, hopefully the kids will remember it all. Looks like fun times. When you go back to Lucky Slice Pizza, I'll go with. :)

Sandra said...

It looks like a lot of fun memories are being made. I remember my mom making divinity. Lots of memories at Christmas Village. I wonder if I just remember or if my kids do too. I'll have to ask them.
I make all of my Christmas goodies early and freeze them. It's the only way to go.
That picture of Luke and Santa is still the best Santa picture ever.