Monday, July 16, 2018

Annual Summer Camp

Camping for Casey's birthday has become one of the kids most looked forward to traditions.  Emigration canyon campground better watch out.  The Freeze's are in da house.  Campsite #18....it's a keeper!

Who would've thought I'd have a pepsi with Britney!  Cheers girl!  We attempted pizza sandwiches. DO NOT put them directly in the fire.  G R O S S.  French toast one morning was a hit though.
We were just in time to see some really pretty wild flowers!  Rylee even picked me a couple of her favorites.
Lexi & MaKayla are the cutest little partners in crime.  Their matching cowgirls boots couldn't have been cuter!
We wandered down to the group campsite area and the boys did a smidge of gold panning. The water was FREEZING!  All of the kids enjoyed exploring.  I was in mom mode crossing my fingers that no one biffed it on a slippery rock and cut their head open.
I didn't even think about it - but we should've gotten a group picture!  Shelby's family joined us this year and it was a lot of fun.  Treats, games, little walks, and chilling around the campfire.
The gold fever Freeze gang went off searching for some shiny one afternoon.
Rylee, Taylor & Kaden were in Smore heaven.  They are such a freaking mess, but so dang tasty!  The smores....not the kids.
I'm pretty sure that Luke was having the time of his life.  He loves fire.  He loves food.  He slept like an angel.  And peed outside several times.
Shayden, Tyson & Caleb found a fort.  They got it all cleaned up and put their chairs inside.  They were far enough away that they had their own space, yet close enough if their widdling skills took a turn for the worse, we could  save the day.
We left a day earlier than we had anticipated.  The horse flies were being total jerks.  We still had a great time though and can't wait to go next year!

3 comments:

Sandra said...

You're a good sport. I'm to old for that shit. I love the pictures of Luke. His happy little face and of course the peeing picture.

Kim said...

That looks fun. Camping food tastes so good. Love the pics with the sun flares on the creek. Love the pic of Luke peeing. Cute little bum.

Kim said...

I like the pic of your family on the log. That should be a yearly tradition. It would be so fun to compare.