One of the best traditions is EDDIE! He showed up like clockwork on December 1st. He had a trail of crepe paper from the kids rooms downstairs all the way up to the piano! He left a little note & a fun lego type advent calendar!
He was full of fun and shenanigans all month long. He sure is lucky to be in a house full of good kids.
No Christmas would be complete without Christmas cookies! I like to make them early on in the month and then freeze them until closer to Christmas. They stay just as delicious!
I had amazing helpers as always.
Casey & I attempted to do a glaze frosting on some of the cookies. We definitely need more practice, but it was still fun. I love when the kids get their cookies all finished. They all have their own style and I could never pick a favorite cookie!
Luke got a camera from Grammy & Papa Don at their Christmas party & he has taken so many cute pictures!
I love that Wilton made a gingerbread set with exactly 7 miniature houses. It was meant to find us! I love looking at our little village throughout the month. We used hot glue this time to keep the houses together. The kids were upset that they couldn't eat them, but I think gingerbread is yucky. And I KNOW that they got plenty of sweet things throughout the month.
The kids really lucked out this year! My visiting teacher brought over an amazing homemade gingerbread house! All of it was edible and the kids demolished it and ate it for a couple of days.
I don't think that Ogden's Christmas Village will be a yearly tradition, but every few years for sure! They had tons of photo opportunities, and a cute little train ride around the block. Monday night was the night to go! It wasn't very crowded at all.
This is one of my favorite pictures ever. Looking at my people being happy makes me happy!
These kids. I think that they were more excited to stop at a gas station to get hot chocolate than to see the lights. It was a perfect way to end a chilly winter evening.











1 comment:
So many fun traditions. I want Eddie to come to my house.
Post a Comment