We woke up bright and early and headed to Florence, Oregon to the sand dunes to take a ride on a giant dune buggy! It took some convincing, but we convinced my mom to come along too. She was going to sit back with Easton, but with the Geriatric bunch loading on, we convinced her that she and the baby would be just fine.
It was pretty chilly the closer we got to the ocean. The amount of sand was unreal! The picture of Luke & Caleb is one of my favorites from the whole trip!
It ended up being a much calmer ride than I had anticipated. But it managed to make my mother scream, and swear. And with our little people it was just what we needed. I want to go back one year and ride one of the smaller, faster dune buggies.


After the sand dunes, just a few miles away, there was America's largest sea lion caves! I love seals and sea lions so I had to stop. There was an elevator ride that took us quite a ways down where there was a view of inside the caves, some videos to watch and a neat view of the Heceta Head Lighthouse.
So, of course, with the lighthouse just up the road. That was our next destination. This was on my mom's bucket list of things to do also so it all worked out great!
It is one of the most visited light houses in the United States. It was pretty cute!
And such a photogenic little lighthouse.
It was pretty overcast for the day, but the views were still so pretty!

We stopped at a restaurant that was recommended on our way back to our rental home. I wasn't super impressed. And Taylor & Rylee were disgusted with Papa Don's oyster appetizer. The restaurant had a pretty stained glass orca in the front door and I had to get Caleb's picture. I wonder if a killer whale will be Caleb's first tattoo?
We all made it safely back to the home and gathered up some necessities and headed to the beach to make smores. It was a busy day, but a lot of fun! A little fire on the beach was a perfect ending.
I love to look at this picture. It is pretty perfect. The sunset. The bare feet. The father/son cuteness of it. I actually think Caleb had just asked Casey which direction was Russia. That kid cracks me up.









No comments:
Post a Comment