Thursday, November 20, 2008

I've entered the world of couponing. Talk about an intimidating cross over! I've gotten 2 weeks worth of coupons (5 sets of coupons each Sunday) and went shopping at Smith's today. I don't know if I got SCREAMING deals - but I am still learning. Let me break it down for ya (wooka wooka - yes that's me spinning a record)

10 cans Dole Frt Salad/Mandrain Oranges
on sale for 1.00 ($10) had 5 .55 cent off coupons
making them .73 cents each - $7.30
2 HUGE Honey Nut Cheerios
on sale for 2.50 ($5) had 2 .55 cent off coupons
making them $1.95 each = $3.90
4 HUGE lucky Charms, 2 HUGE Cinn toast crunch
on sale for 2.50 ($15.00) had 2 $1 off 3 coupons
making them $2.16 each = $13.00
4 pkgs Carefree Panty Liners (jealous??)
on sale for 2.50 ($10.00) had 2 $1 of 2 coupons
making them 2.00 each = $8.00
4 Beech Nut Baby food
Not on sale (the kid has to eat) = $3.00
7 Gerber Baby food
Not on sale .71 cents each ($4.97) $1.25 in coupons
maing them .53 cents each = $3.71
I'm an idiot though - cause if you spend $25 in groceries at Smith's now you get a turkey for a great price - I forgot. Hopefully they'll let me take my reciept in & get one.

So - final cost (with tax) was $36.50. I saved $13.10 in coupons. $36.65 in Fresh Values...so I saved $49.75. That is 58%. I think I did okay for my first time & hope that I can get better the more that I go.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I've totally thought about doing some of this myself, but I can't bring myself to do all the math and cutting and stuff like that, but good for you! $50 is a new purse/pair of shoes/perfume/couple of shirts. You pick one and go out and buy it. You deserve it you little coupon cutter you!

Anonymous said...

You did great for your first time! I always use my $1/2 pantinliner coupons on the smaller packs - they're only $1 each (everyday price) with makes them 50 cents after coupon. :D

Keri said...

Would you be my personal shopper?