Thursday: We went to the San Diego Temple. It was very neat. Inside & out. We met some people...they were all from Utah & a couple from Oregon. I wonder if anyone from California ever goes?? We then went & walked around La Jolla beach...I love that place. Seals are so cute and they were everywhere...along with Chinese people with sweet cameras. We also played in the pool at the resort.
This is what Caleb & I will look like lounging at Bear Lake this summer :)
Friday: We took a 5-6 hour boat tour to the Los Coranodos islands. They were neat & had a lot of history that I enjoyed hearing about. All 3 Jurassic Park movies have some footage from these islands, along with 2 of the Pirates of the Caribbean...and some other movies, but these are the ones that I remember Casey got pretty sick on the way out & I got pretty sick on the way back. It's like we were meant to stay on land. We saw 3 kinds of dolphins...commens, bottle nose & rizzos. TONS of sea lions & harbor seals and a small grey whale (we really just saw his tail a few times, but a whale is a whale) This was probably my favorite day. We then took our sea sick sunburned bodies to Joe's Crab Shack. Yummy.
Saturday: BEACH DAY! It was so freaking cold. Casey ventured out there with a boogie board & got a lot of weird looks from all the surfers in their wet suits. They were probably thinking "That guy is insane" I only went in to my thighs. It was really cold. The weather only the high 60's every day, so that isn't the warmest for ocean swimming. I still loved sitting on the beach with my toes in the sand reading a book. The sound of the ocean is so calming. I wish there was one closer to me. We went back to the resort & played in the pool some more, packed all of our stuff & went out on the town one more night. We went & saw Wolverine...LOVED IT. Got coldstone (for the 3rd time on our trip) and went to at Italian restaurant called Dominics. It was the best meal we had all vacation!!
Sunday: Took about 12 hours to drive home, but the traffic wasn't bad at all until we hit good ol' SLC. I came home to a super sick baby who had strep, but he is back to his fun self again.
Vacations are so nice & I think they are needed. It was a nice feeling to come home though as well. We missed our funny Caleb & our sleep number bed immensely. I loved walking in through our door & thinking "Wow, it's nice to be home!" BUT...I'm ready to go someplace else again.
















4 comments:
Looks like so much fun!
Some awesome pictures too!
How are things at the ol FJ?
I can't wait for a good long vacay.
Hey! Next time you take a vaca to CA you should remember your favorite cousin! Seriously, I didn't even know you were going. I didn't even get an invite. :-) Ooh! next time you're thinking of vacationing spots, I hear Lincoln, NE is quite the attraction. I even know someone who can show you the sites :-)
-Aaron
I'm totally jealous. But I'm glad you guys had a good time away. It was fun hanging out the other day. We'll have to do it again soon. :)
What's on Caleb's arm?
Post a Comment