So - I had a successful shopping trip to the DI recently. Yes...the guy with the orange bicycle helmet was still there. I've been wanting some big chunky black candlesticks to set at the end of my piano for a really long time & just couldn't spend the money on them! They are 20-30 bones EACH! I found a couple of candlesticks for $2.50!! I decided to paint them an off white since everything else in my house is black....I LOVE THEM. Casey says they are old lady lookin...he can bite me and call me grandma.
I also got a couch for $40. Stop judging me. It isn't as comfy as I was hoping, but it is much better than sitting on a folding chair or the exercise ball to watch our big TV we've had for a year.
My friend Stephanie gave Caleb a really cute covered sandbox (with sand & sand toys). It's in the shape of a turtle. He's been so sick that we haven't played in it yet, hopefully next week....in exchange for the sandbox I told her I would make her little girl her bday cake & cupcakes. It's a jungle theme so I made a monkey cake & lion cupcakes. I think the lions turned out pretty cute. (I've uploaded the cupcake picture 3 times & it keeps rotating...no clue how to fix that - sorry!)
Here is a picture of the beautiful flowers that Casey's mom gave me for Mother's day. THANK YOU! They are just barely starting to droop a little & it's been a whole week! They are beautiful. Casey got me a really cute shirt that I've worn 3 times already (it's currently on my body) and some capris that just had to go back. I got some fun flowers for my pots instead.
Stephanie introduced me to this fun farmer's market type thing that goes on every Saturday. I got all of the stuff in the picutre for only $18! There are oranges, apples, tomatoes, mangos, lettuce, honeydew, spaghetti squash, bananas, cucmbers, red peppers, red potatoes & broccoli! Now I need to learn how to cook with this crap!








3 comments:
cute cake and cupcakes! I hope Caleb gets feeling better soon. We are putting in a sand box next week, we had one at our other house, the boys loved it!
those are the cutest cupcakes and cake I've ever seen. And the frosting was to die for. I need the recipe! (but don't give it to me until after August) :)
Your cake and cupcakes are so stinkin' cute! Please teach me. Please, please?! It's Hollie's b-day next week and she's into Hannah Montana. Any ideas??!
Post a Comment