Saturday, July 18, 2009

Happy Birthday Casey!

I always try to plan something fun for Casey's birthday because it's in the summer & I'm envious. My birthday is in December & there isn't a whole lot you can do that's super fun...we always want what we can't have & I want a summer birthday!! So - I'm living vicariously through him. Tee hee. We usually go camping because it's usually inexpensive and fun. We went camping at this place called The Sinks. It's in Logan Canyon, pretty close to Bear Lake area & on a road that connects to Hardware Ranch. There was quite a few campsites on this road & they were FREE sites!! No potties...but one will live. This was Caleb's first time sleeping in a tent & he did better than expected. He did fall off of the air mattress & had a panic attack for about 20 minutes, but slept really good after that. I didn't sleep well AT ALL. I'm paranoid about a bear eating me. Stupid news. Why do they have report crap like that. I need to take NyQuil or something when I go camping so I can get some shut eye.
Taking a picture of the view on the sinks road.
Casey drank two 24 oz Mountain Dews
& had to do the guy thing.
Can you say addict?
Caleb 'helping' getting the fire going.
Enjoying the fruits of his labor.
Attempting to entertain a toddler while camping.
We only camped for one night, then went for an hour hike and headed to Bear Lake for some fun in the sun. I don't have any pictures, but we have an inflatable wave runner for Caleb & after I blew it up, he couldn't stop touching it and calling it his "air-puh" (airplane) It was pretty stinking cute. Caleb was NOT a fan of the sand on his feet. He would curl up all of his toes and walk so careful. He eventually got over it, but it really took some adjusting for the tyke!
Casey's shares a birthday with his nephew Logan. I think that it would be a lot of fun to share a birthday. One big bonus is that it's one less day a year that I have to stuff my face with cake because you are killing 2 birds with 1 stone! We got Logan a Nerf gun which I believe he loved. Nerf guns are always a big hit (ha ha...no pun intended).
We had our families over on Sunday the 12th for peach & cherry cobbler & ice cream. Gooooood stuff. I've never liked cobbler, but really enjoy this peach cobbler that we've made these past couple of times. In a 9x13 pan I use 2 quarts of my yummy bottled peaches (dump the juice out of one of them) sprinkle a yellow cake mix on top of the peaches, dice up 1 cube of butter & scatter on top & sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes. It has a very crunchy top on it. Delish!!
Caleb's new do!!

2 comments:

Kellie said...

Glad to see the bears didn't get you! :) Sounds like a fun outing, I must admit I'm a terrible camper. Looks like you guys had fun! :)

Unknown said...

Hey Cous, I was blog browsing the other day and noticed that our graduating class has a blog. I also noticed that your blog wasn't listed on there. Come on, don't you want to relive the good old high school days and get back in touch with old acquaintances :-) Ha ha if you'll notice, my blog isn't on there either.