Monday, August 3, 2009

FINALLY!!

I was just thinking about calling it quits on the whole couponing craze when BAM!! (yes...I just said BAM) Smith's is having 3 days where you can use UNLIMITED double coupons!! I found this out at 11:30 last night...made my list...and was to the store at 12:15 am. I love shopping at that time. No people. No lines. No Caleb. No rush.

Item - Listed Price - Double Coupon Value - Paid Price
6 cans Ortega green chilies - 1.29 on sale - 1.00 off = .29 each 1.74
4 24 Load Tide - 5.88 on sale - 2.00 off - 4.00 P&G Off = 2.88 each 11.52
5 Huggies Wipes - 2.59 - 1.00 = 1.59 each 7.95
4 Dial Hand Soap -1.00 on sale - .70 off = .30 each 1.20
5 Sure Deodorant - 1.80 on sale - 1.50 off = .30 each 1.50
10 Mars Candy Bars -.79 each - 1.00 off = FREE
5 Pringles - 1.65 each - 1.00 off = .65 each 2.60
5 NEW Ritz Cracker Sandwiches - 3.69 each - 2.00 off = 1.69 each 8.45
6 Duracell Batteries - 3.00 on sale - 1.50 off = 1.50 each 9.00
4 Packs Pampers - 9.77 - 2.00 off - 4.00 P7g off = 6.77 each 27.08
3 TN Pride Sausage = 2.99 on sale - 1.00 off = 1.99 each 5.97

(If you decide to do the calculations and it doesn't add up...dont' judge me. It is what it is & if it's incorrect...oh well...it's SUPER close.)

MFG coupon savings =50.15
Promo Savings = 40.05
FreshValues Savings = 22.30
Total Savings (61%) = 112.50

The gal rang my stuff up and it was around $190. Scanned my FV card which took it down to around $130 then rang in all my coupons and my total was $75.70 w/tax. Sweet!!

And I got a 15 cent fuel reward!! My faith in couponing has been restored. When you look at the picture, it doesn't seem like a lot, but considering I got 4 packs of diapers (would've been $40), 4 bottles of Tide detergent (would've been $25), 5 Huggies wipes (would've been $13) and 6 packages of batteries (would've been $18) I feel like it was quite a successful trip.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

What a woman. I to am a fan of a good bargain. I knew about the Smith's double. I will have to keep you in mind when I see these things. You know Walmart matches ads - right. I think Target started matching again also. Keep up the good work.

Shels said...

wow you are quite the bargain shopper! Way to go!

Kellie said...

You did awesome!! I'm planning to go tonight after work. Hopefully the folks will leave me something! :) Good job!!!