Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sickie

I have been sick for at least a week! What the H! I wake up absolutely miserable....but start to feel better as the day goes on. Seriously - when I hear Caleb waking up around 7:30 every morning - I want to CRY! I can't decide if my sickness is Dr worthy or not. I'd hate it if I went in & all he said was "Thanks for the extra money - but there isn't anything I can do for the common cold" I might tough it out until Wednesday & see if I'm any better. I'm sick of swallowing vitamin C pills - I swear every one that I try to swallow ends up turning sideways & makes me gag & then I start a huge coughing fit. Isn't the visual lovely?



Another set back to being sick? I miss the gym! I know, I know - you look at me & think "ha ha ha - she exercises?" I do - for real - I'm not lying. I might only go to the gym an average of 3 times/week - but it's better than nothing! I usually feel about 70% at night time - so I should just go, but then my 'lazy part' of my brain talks me out of it by convincing my 'want to exercise' part of my brain that I need to let my body rest so I can get better.


A happy thing!!!! I lost 5 elbees!! It seems like every 10th post or so I mention that I've started doing Weight Watchers...then I do that for a couple of weeks & quit. Kind of like this time. I did AWESOME for 2 weeks - drop the 5 fatty pounds - & then the last 3 days I've been a freaking pig! My goal was to lose 10 pounds by Easter & I was half way there!! Why do people self-sabotage their weight loss goals? Is it denial? Is it lack of self-worth? Is it fear of failure? I think I need a therapist. Tomorrow is a NEW day so I WILL start over & sickness or not - I'm going to the gym tonight. Even if I just walk on the treadmill at a slow pace - it's still movement which is better than sitting on the couch letting my butt get flatter.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

That is one gross picture!!!!
You have the hunsaker curse - we can never allow ourselves to be sick. Always have to be getting something done. Don't be so hard on yourself, put your feet up and let Casey take care of you for a change. It won't kill him.
I hope you feel better soon!!!!

Suzi Storm said...

I'm so glad you found my blog!! First all, let me just say that I was browsing through your blog and I was starting to wonder where a picture of *you* was...then I found it! You are *gorgeous*!!

I like what you said about people sometimes sabotaging their weight loss. I kind of feel like thats where I have been these past few days. Is it a fear we are un-aware of? We surely do not do it on purpose.

You sound like you have the determination and I think deep down you really believe in yourself. Keep trying to push yourself and I bet you will be really surprised by what you can accomplish. I'm excited for you!! xoxo

Kim said...

I love that pig! but is he eating ham? That's just wrong.