I was doing myself some extensive brain damage trying to think of a fun Halloween activity that Casey & I could do with Caleb. He has the attention span of a 2 year old (weird, I know) & if it was socially acceptable, I'd make him a T-shirt that read "I'm THE drama queen". So - I was talking to Casey about the dilemma & he suggested painting pumpkins. Good call!




We took a trip to one of the Perry fruit stands to pick out our pumpkins and Caleb definitely needed his DQ t-shirt on. It was terrible. I even started crying! (I'm blaming that on 3 times the hormones currently going through my body)
A few days later - we broke out the acrylic paints & paint brushes & Caleb really had a good time!
Caleb wasn't sure about having any paint on his plate - so we just put a little.


As you can see - he got over the paint phobia. He had every color on his plate. The light blue was his favorite.


Art is something that I totally suck at. Mr. Morley in 6th grade made sure that I was aware of how much that I sucked. WORST GRADE EVER. I'm glad I'm not bitter. BUT - after painting pumpkins with my hubby & 2 year old son - I see that I am not alone. (Mine is the black one)

No comments:
Post a Comment