Friday, April 29, 2011

Easter - Part 2 - Promontory

Saturday=Promontory picnic! I was so excited for Easter this year because it was so late! The end of April?!?! FINALLY - some nice weather for the Easter picnic. And mother nature slapped me. Sometimes she can be such a . . . anyways. . . the weather wasn't terrible, but it could've been a smidge better. Last year we had the annual picnic at my parents house & the year before that Promontory was so windy that we drove out, ate & left! At least this year we stayed for a while - so my complaining will cease. . . now.

Casey getting the fire started.

My mom had the cutest miniature butterfly kite. Can you see it??
Every year - the first thing Griffen & Blake do is go Lizard hunting. I'm so sad that I didn't get a picture of the 4 lizards that they had caught within the first 10 minutes of being there! The sat on the picnic table in a water bottle. . . why didn't I take a picture? The best was the few times that my mom was picking up trash & she'd pick the lizard bottle up & they'd jump. She'd scream & drop the bottle every time. Priceless!

Griffen, Blake, Jordon & Tess chillin on top of the hay bales.

Dylan (aka Brownie or Huge) and his GF Marlee.

Caleb playing with a sweet lizard he found in one of his Easter eggs. I can't believe that the Easter bunny made it to Promontory! What a champ!

Oh my Caleb. Cheese it up son. Cheese it up.



A pretty picture that Ashley took. I love that the kite & the cows & the sky & the hills are in the picture! Oh...& that Casey & Caleb are in it also.

Caleb having a panic attack when we lost the wind and his kite crashed.

My dad came to rescue me from the car so that I could eat lunch - KFC, salads, chips, fresh fruit & cupcakes - delish! Taylor was needing some TLC & Rylee slept pretty much the whole afternoon away! What perfect babies I have!

Ashley & Taylor taking a nap

Oh my. Angela managed to fall to the ground dismounting a 4-wheeler. It was super slow motion & instead of coming to her rescue, I started snapping pictures. She's dang lucky she missed all of the cow pies!


1 comment:

Kim said...

Cute Cute Cute Easter posts. I didn't know it is a 3 day holiday. My fav of all the pics is Caleb freaking out when his kite crashes. Cracks me up! :D