Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Spring!

Spring is here!!! I can't believe how much rain we have been getting. I have some tulips & daffodils that have bloomed and a few more tulips that won't bloom for probably another week. Tulips make me happy. I hate that they don't last for very long!

One of my red tulips - WIDE open taking in some sunshine.

Daffodils always remind me of the original Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory.

He looks like a total creeper in this picture.

Taylor & Rylee are getting bigger!!

In the darling ballerina shirts that my mom made for them.

Even though I suffer from exhaustion every few days - I sure am blessed to have such healthy, beautiful babies. Having twins has turned out to be a fabulous diet plan though! My weight has officially plateaued at 15 pounds LESS than my fist Dr appointment. No complaints here! My fingers are crossed twice that I can keep them off. Day to day life is pretty lame. Some days are easier than others & most days I feel like it's going well if Caleb & I are dressed and have had breakfast by 11:00.


Casey started a new job. He was working for Whitaker Construction and not making a whole lot of money, and living in Spanish Fork during the week. It was hard on him physically & emotionally. My opinion is that if you are going to be away from your home & family ALL THE TIME, you should be making the big bucks & not scraping by. He took a production job at West Liberty & still isn't making a lot, but hopefully he can move into the maintenance department (what he went to school for) and get some experience under his belt. We're still scraping by, but at least he's home at night to relax & help me out with the kids.


Caleb is super cute. He is talking like a champ!! He's also started the fun imagination stage where things have different names, and can talk. I guess I need to find my imagination again...it's totally lost. He is a good eater & trys almost anything (with a little help). We really need to work on vegetables...BUT - I also hate them, so that's a hard one. He thinks that he's to big for a sippy cup - which is probably true - so every morning he says "Hi mommy!! Have a chocolate milk and take the lid off?"

2 comments:

Ricelm said...

LOL!! 1st - I LOVE The original Charlie & the Chocoloate Factory So much more than the remake! So I am glad you picked that pic!
2nd - Your girls are so big!! I'm thinking the 2nd week of May for cookie making.. Keep me posted..
3rd - Caleb is so stinking cute!! You should get that book that helps you hide veggies in kids foods. I am going to get it here in the next couple weeks cause I need it for Bryn too!
Ps... Way to go on the weight loss!! How amazing!! I cant wait to see you! You can keep it off! I heart you!!

swestbroek said...

Oh Letmein! You are awesome!