Thursday, June 28, 2012

Zoo!

I have a zoo problem.  I just went last September & I just went again this month.  I always want it to be FABULOUS & it is always just so-so.  I think that Caleb had a good time though & he had my undivided attention because I left Casey & Taylor & Rylee at home.  Who went you ask?  My mom, Angela, Griffen, Blake, Ashley, Eva, Caleb & myself.  My aunt Sandra was even brave enough to meet us there! 

I couldn't believe how much it was to get into the zoo!!  I was lucky because I happened to say to my mom when it was my trun to pay that I couldn't believe how much it was & the guy next to me said "Hey...I happen to have an extra coupon if you want it."  Ummmm.....yes please!  It was pay for an adult & a child gets in free.  Thanks guy!  We started out the day with the train ride - L A M E.  We then headed to the bat cave...bats are slightly creepy...and then to the playground.  Grammy let Caleb & Griffen & Blake feed some ducks & Caleb got to pet a snake & a tortoise.  He loved it.
The new Rocky Shores exhibit was open & it was so nice!  The seals were my favorite & the polar bear was pretty awesome also.  My mom & Sandra took time to smell the roses by the giraffe house...and it appears that Sandra got dressed in the dark.  Angela noticed her shoes were different & it was hilarious.  Sandra said that she remembered putting one of each on to see which was more comfortable & then forgot.
Seeing the tiger chow down on some meat was awesome.  Blake loves meat....cooked though.  After the zoo we went up the canyon a bit & ate at Ruth's Diner.  It was pretty tasty & they had a fabulous outdoor patio.
Angela had to stop at City Creek to exchange a necklace.  It was nice there!  We didn't really shop around,  but I'd like to go for a date one night....cause Casey would love it there...um yeah...rethinking the date night comment already.  Caleb loved all of the fountains & he LOVED his chocolate/caramal dipped marshmallow covered in mini m&m's (nemah-nems) from the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory.  We paused for some pictures by the gorgeous flowers at Temple Square.  Angela was looking around & said "How is it freaking possible that there isn't one weed here??"  I said "Beacuse - it's Holy ground & weeds can't grow on Holy ground"  She said, "Are you serious!!??"  Oh Angela....I heart you.


4 comments:

Sandra said...

Looks like a fun filled day, oh wait, it was! Your aunt Sandra sounds like a tard. I'm sure she doesn't get out much, it's so nice of you to include her.
You should of told Angela to start praying in her yard, I heart her too!!

Kim said...

Your pics make Temple Square and City Creek look as much fun as the zoo.

Angela said...

Hey! It's not the strangest thing I have ever been told. I wonder if all those guys are still in the bathroom?? HaHa!

Amber Lynn Photography said...

that looked sooo fun im really bumbed i didnt get to go..... next time im there!!