Sunday, September 16, 2012

Brigham City Temple

Casey & I had the opportunity to get away one morning in August to go & see the Brigham City Temple.  It is beautiful!  I love how peach blossoms are incorporated in the design scheme & that they have fruit trees planted outside.  It was a quick in & out tour.  No lines AT ALL.
 
My baby brother, Dylan, babysat for us the morning that we went.  He is currently in the MTC and is going to be serving his mission in Tacoma, Washington.  I know that he will be a great missionary.  He is so easy going, so driven, and so friendly.  He will be missed greatly!!
 Casey's parents are so nice!  They took the us to Maddox for dinner before we embarked on a family tour of the temple.  I love Maddox.  It was nice to spend time with Colby's family.  We don't see them as much as I would like - life just gets so busy!  Caleb LOVES his cousins & was so happy to be sitting in between Nathanael & Logan at dinner.   
 
Rylee & Taylor were so good at dinner.  Here is Rylee waiting patiently.
 We weren't so lucky as to have no lines at this tour.  The line went all the way outside & around the corner!  Taylor was so cute on my shoulders that Casey  just had to snap a picture.  The girls were so good waiting in line.  Caleb was funny.  He just kept sitting down on the ground.
 McKenna also waited patiently in line.  She has the most piercing blue eyes I have ever seen on a baby!
 The girls & I didn't make it into the temple.  We made it through the 15 minute movie & after that they were done being patient.  I ended up taking them home so that Casey & Caleb could enjoy the temple.  I let the girls play by the fountain out front for a bit.  People are funny when they see twins.  I get so many people asking "Are they twins??!!"  Umm.....maybe.  People would walk by them playing in the fountain & whisper to each other, "Look at those twins!"  "Do you see those twins"  "How cute!"  I'm glad that they put a smile on strangers faces. 
 
Brad, Mona & Caleb

4 comments:

Keri said...

I love your posts! Your so good telling a story, I feel Im right there experiencing it with you. How lucky you are to have such a beatiful temple in your town.

Angela said...

I loved the peach blossom windows! Your kids are cute :)

Sandra said...

Keri is correct, you do have a way with telling a story, I too love your blogs. You also look way pretty all dressed up.

Kim said...

Wow. You got some beautiful temple pics. I like where you're standing and Brad, Mona and Caleb cuz you can see the entire temple and the sky is beautiful in all of them.