Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy Halloween!

Casey had to work on Halloween night so I decided that I would take the kids out to Tremonton on the 30th so that I wouldn't have to try to fit all of the visiting in AND the trick or treating in  one night.  We stopped at Casey's parents house first & visited for a while.  Mona had treats for the kids & a fun Mickey Mouse Halloween movie.  Bothwell park had put together a little Halloween celebration and I thought my kids might have fun.  Caleb stated getting sick so he wasn't having any fun at all.  He ended up going to Grammy & Papa Don's and watching Thomas.  I ran into one of my friends Megan Call...we didn't really have a minute to talk, but I wasn't going to get away without a picture of us!
Oh Halloween night.  We had plans to go trick-or-treating with all of the kids that I baby sit & their families at 6.  Caleb fell asleep on the couch at 4:30.....I woke him up at 5:30 & gave him some Ibuprofen.  I had the girls all ready to go & asked Caleb if he wanted to get ready & he was not interested in going.  He said that he wasn't feeling good.  As you can see from the picture - he wasn't lying.  He was watching his Halloween movie from Mona & Brad & holding his sweet helicopter toy from my mom & dad.  I am glad he has such fabulous grandparents!
Around 6:30 Caleb changed his mind.  He said, "Let's get my costume on & go get some candy."  I guess the medicine took about an hour to kick in.  Should I be concerned that he wore this vampire costume 2 years ago & it still fits?????
2012
2010
The weather was perfect for trick-or-treating.  Taylor & Rylee were good sports in their stroller.  They got  a little bored, but some M&M's fixed that!
After we went to 4 houses Caleb said, "Okay mom.  I'm done."  I told him that we should go to 10 more.  He sighed & said ok.  The one thing he had to eat as soon as he got it was a vanilla tootsie roll.  Y U M.  I wasn't counting houses after my comment....but I guess he was!  After a little while he said, "Okay mom.  That's 10.  Let's go home."  We did...and the sweet little thing didn't even eat any candy when we got home - he just wanted a banana.
He got some awesome vampire teeth - so we modeled of course!
Caleb & Allie went to a Halloween party earlier this month.  They were so excited!  Caleb's mask was a little bit to big & when I took the picture Allie decided to start flying like a bumble bee!
 At Halloween time crafts area  must!  A cute witch that Caleb made at preschool.
 Caleb made the jack-o-lantern at pre-school & the ghost & witch with me.
.........Until next year my spooks.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Poor Caleb! He is always sick on the holidays :( Looks like a fun October though!

Sandra said...

Ask Amber how many times she was a mouse and then stand back because you are going to get an earful.
I don't think Caleb would of cared what he was. He's just a typical guy, wants to sit on the couch and watch tv. You keep working on him, he'll soon understand that Halloween is the most wonderful time of the year!!!!!!

Kim said...

You & Megan look awesome and the kids are cutie patooties. Definetly my girls, M&M's fix alot of things.