Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving was on November 22nd this year - so here are 22 things that I am thankful for.

  1. My home. It isn't huge & it isn't top of the line...but memories have been made here & I wouldn't change them at all..
  2. My kids. They are adorable, exhausting, hilarious, trying, loving, & fun.
  3. Running water. 'Nuff said.
  4. Casey.  He is a great dad.  We butt heads on occasion, but we also seem to get along with each other.
  5. My Mom.  She is helpful, kind, & freaking funny.
  6. My Dad.  He is helpful, kind, & freaking funny.  I have awesome parents.
  7. My siblings.  They are all so different & so easy to love.
  8. The gospel.  I'm not the churchiest person out there, but I know what is true & it gives me comfort knowing the things I do.
  9. Music.  I love music.  All kinds - but country & jazz tie for last place.  I think my life would be complete if it was a musical.
  10. My health.  I don't have many ailments & I hope that I take care of myself for a long, long time so I can continue to feel good.
  11. Veterans.  For all who so selflessly and courageously served and protected our country - and for those who continue to do so.
  12. The opportunity I have to stay home with my kids.  We may not have all of the money we want at the moment - but by my staying home I get to enjoy my children. 
  13. The seasons.  I am grateful that I get to live where seasons are present.
  14. Babysitters!!!!
  15. Casey's job.  I am thankful that it is close to home & that he has the opportunity to advance in the company - let's hope that happens soon :)
  16. My mother & father-in-law.  They are always there to help for whatever, whenever. 
  17. My senses.  They sure get taken for granted.
  18. My SMALL English knowledge.  I'm glad I know the difference between your & you're...their, there, they're...granted & granite...I'm not a scholar by any means - but I do know a smidge.
  19. Pictures.  I love taking them & looking back at them. Time goes by so fast & having the memories to look back on is priceless.
  20. Our vehicles.  They are paid for and the haven't had any major issues (don't worry - I knocked on wood)
  21. Our (my) dishwasher.  I have only been using it for 21 months & I don't know how I survived without it.  I love that thing.
  22. Technology.  As I am writing this I thought I would check my email.  I had the opportunity to have a mini chat with Dylan!!!  AWESOME!
Casey had to work on Thanksgiving this year.  What a total bummer!  He did get to enjoy it with his family though.  It was my family's turn to enjoy our company this year and we ended up going to my Aunt Sandra's house.  It was a delicious meal!  I recommend trying a smidge of my mom's cranberry sauce on your turkey.  I'm growing quite fond of the stuff.  We stuffed our faces, danced like fools to an XBOX Kinect game, played Apples to Apples & Mad Gab.  GOOOOOOD TIMES.
  One highlight of my day was watching Taylor play with Monte (Amber's dog). 
 
Caleb's plethora of November crafts!  His hand turkey above his head says that he his thankful for his kitty.  Ahhhhhhh :)
 

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Nice blog. I think we should all write down what we are thankful for. One day you will look back and wonder how you did it. Caleb is so cute in the picture in front of the door. He looks so happy and pleased with his creations.

Kim said...

This is a nice blog. It's good to count you're blessings. I'm glad that your not taking things for granite. And I agree. You do have awesome parents. Thanks for the compliment.I love the pic of Taylor their in front of the swing set. And Cableb with his crafts. Wear did he make them all? I've got to stop before people think I'm stupid.