Sunday, April 14, 2013

Oh Caleb

We were at the park the other day and a little boy a bit younger than Caleb showed up (I hate sharing the park by the way...it's similar to sharing swimming pools on vacations) The little boy was Indian. Red dot on the forehead Indian - not what makes the red man red Indian. He had jet black hair, really tanned skin & had thick, black eyebrows. Somehow the two of them became ninjas & were running around like crazy people when all of the sudden I hear Caleb yell, "Come on Black ninja!! THIS WAY!" Oh crap was my thought. I looked at the kids dad (who was a total white boy) & he didn't hear because he was to busy on his phone. When we got home I asked Caleb, "What was your ninja name at the park?"

C: "Star Ninja."

Me: How come you were calling that little boy Black Ninja"

C: Did you see him?

Me: Yes.

C: That's why.

 
Another day Casey took Caleb with him to home depot the other day & the guy that helped them was black. Casey asked where something was & the guy said he'd show them & Caleb piped up, "Follow the brown guy!"
 
We did explain to him that Heavenly Father makes everyone different.  Different hair, different eyes, different skin color....but I don't know if that will stop the random outbursts.

5 comments:

Sandra said...

Seriously, 4 in a row. Go Brittni. By the way, I love Caleb, he makes me smile!

Keri said...

That's Funny! Dalin asks people why do they have fat tummies, or why they have white hair, oh my this list could go on and on.

Kim said...

Well, it is what it is. And I think now I'm officially afraid of Dalin. He could have a heyday with me!

Amber Lynn Photography said...

oh my hell thats hillarious!!!

karlee said...

Well duh . . Did you see him?
That IS funny. . .