Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas Eve

Casey's Grandma Sorensen had everyone over for some sledding & tubing!  It was a beautiful day for it.  All of the kids had tons of fun.  Taylor & Rylee were so fun to watch trying to walk in the deeper snow.  Grandma Sorensen, Luke, Alexa & myself spent most of our time inside. 
Casey definitely got his workout for the day running around pulling the kids on the sled.  Thankfully a 2nd snowmobile showed up.  Caleb liked the sled better than the tube.  I think it was probably easier to hold on to.  After the sun started to set it got chilly & everyone came inside for treats & presents from Grandma Sorensen.  It was a fun afternoon!
 Without naps & from playing so hard, we had 3 tired little kids.  We are going to start a tradition of having pizza & salad on Christmas Eve.  The kids are guaranteed to eat it & it's a lot less work for me!  I'll do a fabulous breakfast on Christmas instead of  big Christmas Eve dinner.
 
After our pizza we let the kids open one gift from us.
 New jammies of course!!!  They all looked adorable.  Taylor is in the dots, Rylee is in the stripes. 
We put some cookies out for Santa & the kids went right to sleep.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Fun times. I think pizza and salad is a fabulous idea. I do breakfast on Christmas morning and use the cinnamon burst bread from Kneaders for French toast. It is yummy. Love the Christmas jammies. The kids all look cute!

Kim said...

Aw. Playing in the snow looks like a blast. Rylee looks like "I can't put my arms down." tee hee.
Love the Christmas jammies. What cute kids!