Saturday, November 1, 2014

Annual Pumpkin Carving Party!

Ashley hosted the Anderson pumpkin carving party this year.  I'm not sure if she will ever do it again.  This one girl came and she had 5 freaking kids.  Needless to say - it was a smidge on the crazy side.  She made yummy chicken and sweet potato chowder for dinner.
 
Lexi loved tasting the pumpkin scraps!  It was adorable.  It was nice to have the real live Dylan there this year and not the stuffed bear Dylan.  I think that we are all happy that he is finally home!  Jordon's hair is getting super long.  It might be longer than mine by next year!  My dad was funny - he started to carve his pumpkin & got a big frown on his face and said, "I can't believe I need glasses to carve my pumpkin!!" 
 My mom was a champ.  She had just had her meniscus operated on in her left knee a week earlier & she still came to the party.  What a trooper!  We only ended up with four pumpkins this year.  My family's, Blake's, Dylan's and my dad's.  Jordon's broke.  It was sad.  I read the kids almost every night a story titled, "Twas the night before Halloween"  There is a pumpkin on one page of the book that Caleb always says he likes, so we tried our best to duplicate it.
 Earlier in the month my mom & I tried to get a good picture of Luke & Alexa in their darling Halloween pajamas.  It's a chore to get these littles to look at the camera!  At one point my mom started doing patty cake to get their attention & Lexi got so excited that she about clapped her hands raw.  (See top right picture)  It was pretty funny.
I freaking love this holiday.

3 comments:

Kim said...

That party is a mess. Maybe we should move it outdoors. Love the littles in their Halloween jammies. No one can say we didn't try. Holy crap.

Sandra said...

I love the picture of Jordon and the Lexi and Luke, so cute.
The pj collage is adorable. Luke crawling away with Lexi looking at him is toooo cute. Good tradition!

Sandra said...

My bad, it's Lexi crawling away. Still just as cute!