One day I asked Casey, "Have you ever been to Antelope Island?" He answered, "Nope." I said, "Well, let's go then!" We loaded up the team and away we went! We had lunch at Red Robin. It was delicious as always. We went there ALL OF THE TIME when we were dating & first married. It was one of our spots. Sigh - and vomit.
Antelope Island was pretty neat. It was a short enough drive that the kids didn't get to restless and they got to see a few animals. I was the eagle eye on this trip. The buffalo were right next to road, so you couldn't miss them. I spotted the coyote out jumping on mice & then I spotted the deer. Maybe Casey needs me to go hunting with him.
There were so many ducks on the Great Salt Lake! They were mini ducks, so of course that made them extra adorable. I named them mini mallards. I love the salt that gets collected between the water & the shore. It was so pretty! We taught the kids that when you see a buffalo, you make horns & say "Tatonka". Taylor was hilarious. She would make her voice so deep and raspy and say, "Tatonka [cough cough]. It makes me choke, see? Tatonka [cough cough]." We were cracking up.
Coolest thing ever?!?! This little man lost his very first tooth!! He was eating a cinnamon roll on the way home from school with Casey & took a bite...stopped for a second and exclaimed, "Did my tooth just fall out?!?!" Casey found it stuck in his cinnamon roll. He shed a few tears about it, but he recovered. I don't think he even knew it was loose, but his adult tooth was already a good portion of the way through so it pushed the baby one right out of the way.



2 comments:
Do you ever stay home???? I'm glad the animals were out and about. I've been there and never even seen a rabbit.
Maybe you should go hunting with Casey. That's funny. And the kids saying Tatonka. Funny stuff.
Post a Comment