The Saturday before Easter we headed out to Dove Creek to party it up with the Freeze side of the family. I was in an AWFUL mood...which I now regret, but holy crap. At that moment mad was the only emotion I could muster. Sorry everyone....but it really wasn't entirely my fault!
My mom was so nice & offered to watch Luke & Alexa for me. I don't know if she'll offer again thought. Luke is a pistol. An adorable little pistol. I really do appreciate when people babysit for me. I would lose my sanity without the occasional sitter.
The afternoon started with lunch. Brad woke up at 4:30 AM to start getting wood coals ready for this pork roast he made. I'm not sure what it all entailed, but it was delicious! Tamara's deviled eggs are always the best ever. She needs to make a dozen just for me to stuff in my face. Mona's Dutch oven potatoes were also delicious. Somehow I got off easy this year & just had to bring some fruit. Caleb loves his cupcakes! Taylor, Rylee & McKenna always like to play with each other. Mona definitely won the Easter bonnet contest. I love that Annalor hauls her own trailer and stays for the weekend and sits by the fire with her crocheting. She's a trooper if I have EVER seen one.
Mona arranged for everyone to do the bunny hop. Brad headed up a game of redneck baseball. I made Tamara take a selfie with me. Casey helped the kids fly some awesome kites. I took the kids on a few 4-wheeler rides. There was even an Easter egg hunt! It was a nice day out also. Jacket weather, if you were just sitting with a breeze every now & then. Hopefully the next time we all head out, I will be in a much better mood!


3 comments:
I don't even want a Pepsi bad enough to get up at 4:30. Brad is a trooper. Looks like fun!!
We had a great time. Thank you for coming. Maybe next time Luke and Alexa can come.
Looks like fun. Where is your Easter bonnet? Annalor is my kind of woman. We should hang.
Post a Comment