Monday, October 3, 2016

Anderson Family Vacay

My parents were able to get a couple of timeshare rooms in Bear Lake for the end of summer.  It was pretty PERFECT weather!!   Casey would say perfect, I would say add on 5 more degrees.  There isn't a whole lot to tell - so the pictures will do most of the talking.
 
We played on the beach for 2 days.  The kids were so content.  Except for Luke - I love that kid, and he REALLY loves me.  I can't leave his sight.
 I had this cheap inflatable sting-ray form Smith & Edwards that was a HUGE hit!  I should have bought a million more of them!  Lexi was Grammy's sidekick the whole weekend.  They were besties.
 Eva is non stop energy.  No wonder Ashley stays so skinny!  She was having a blast and is chill to do whatever.  I think Taylor had the most fun on the beach.  She was always smiling.
 On day 2 there were a couple of frogs on the beach.  They were a fun surprise.
 Brad & Angela got a boat this year.  EVERYONE was excited when it was their turn to go for a ride.  Blake loves the boat.  I didn't really see to much of Angela's family because I was taking care of the littles on the beach.  She said that Taylor & Rylee loved finding new spots to stop the boat and jump into the lake.  I am so grateful that no one had a life jacket malfunction.
 Angela's family had to pack up and leave, Dylan left too.  But the rest of the boys rented jet skis for a bit.  Caleb loved it.  I think the rest of the boys did too.
 We had a couple of pools to choose from to play in at the timeshare.  It kind of seems silly to play in the pool when you have a beautiful lake right next to you - but it was nice.  Lexi was a pro.  I'm not joking.  By the end of the trip she was kicking and maneuvering around in the water - I was shocked at how quickly she caught on.  She's one smart cookie.
 Taylor & Rylee love their Angela.  I guess they are little back seat drivers on the boat sometimes though.  They kept telling Brad to slow down.  I'm so proud of Caleb for trying something new!  He had fun on the tube.  I guess at one point the tube was completely vertical and Derrick & Griffen were thrown off, but Caleb held on for dear life and didn't fall in! 
Ashley, my mom & I took some of the kids to the arts & crafts center one afternoon.  Caleb LOVES his shirt that he got to color.
It was a fun vacation.  It must have stressed me out a bit because the day after we got home I had a giant cold sore brewing.  I'm grateful for the memories that were made and happy that my family still likes each other enough to hang out like this!!  Thanks ma & pa!

2 comments:

Sandra said...

That looks way fun and exhausting. Your mom knows how to throw a great party!

Kim said...

Good pictures and story telling. Helps me remember everything. I'm so glad I didn't know what was happening out on the boat. If I would have known T&R were finding new spots to jump in that DEEP lake I might have had a stroke. And I'm glad I didn't see Caleb hanging on to that tube for dear life. I think I'm getting too old for this kind of activity. Maybe we should just watch movies. Also we should note that someone twisted their ankle and had a mini meltdown and Luke kissed me on the lips and I got sick! But all and all lots of fun was had and every one is OK. Thank Heaven.