Monday, April 17, 2017

Easter - Part 1 - DC

Easter weekend is one of my favorites.  It's so busy and full of fun and family!  Casey thinks I have a problem.  That I always have to be doing something or be busy or I'll go crazy.  Oh well...he just better keep up or he'll get left in the dust.  

The Friday before Easter we headed out to Dove Creek.  It is always an adventure.  There is an outhouse there that we can use for potty time.  Taylor needed to go, but sure wasn't interested when she saw it and held out as long as she could.  Rylee eventually had to go #2 and I waited outside for her and I heard her say, "Hmmmm....I wonder which poop is mine?"  So funny AND so gross!  It's a good thing Brad & Mona have a little palace for shelter.  We experienced a little rain, some cold breezes and even a little snow.  BUT - there was even cracks of sunshine.  
We dyed our Easter eggs.  I don't know why, but it is one of my least favorite holiday traditions.  They always turn out so pretty....but it stresses me out for some reason.  Maybe it will become more fun after the kids are a bit older.  I'm not wishing this stage away - just predicting how it will be in the future.  Luke wouldn't try any color but BLUE!  He was in love with his blue egg.
We ventured outside while our eggs were drying and the Easter bunny had been by!  Taylor & I even saw him on our little 4-wheeler ride.  We took a few selfies and Grandma had the BEST Easter bonnet ever!  It blew bubbles!
This is one of my favorite pictures from the day.  After the egg hunt the kids went and sat around the fire pit to inspect their findings.  Content.  Happy.  Adorable.  I heart them.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Out House.....Out House.....I would so go in the bushes!!!! Which poop is mine?!?!?!??! Glad you have fun!

Kim said...

I love Mona's Easter bonnet. And I also love the love Luke has for his blue egg. He looks pretty impressed that the egg is blue. Sounds like the Easter Bunny was in Dove Creek and Promontory. Wonder if he has helpers like Santa does. Hmmm . . .