Sunday, May 20, 2018

Lantern Festival

Angela had some extra tickets to the Lantern Festival.  I'm so glad that Caleb & I got to go with her!  It was such a fun atmosphere.  On one side of they had set up several food vendors, bounce house and face painting stations.    Ashley's family and my parents had also bought tickets.  You were handed a cute little kit with smore makings and then you went to find a fire pit.
We snacked on ice cream cones and milk shakes while we wandered through all of hte food trucks trying to find what we wanted for dinner.  Caleb decided on cheese pizza and Angela introduced me to cupbop - delicious!!!  We also got a corn dog - you just never know if you're going to need one of those.
You also got a lantern and markers when you checked in.  We decorated our lanterns, played phase 10 and visited while we waited for dusk. 
It was a very nice night!  Not cold, now windy, not hot, just right!
The lanterns were a bit frustrating to get off of the ground.  It took Caleb and I quite a while!  It was a really amazing sight to see once our lantern was up and we could enjoy the view.
 I'm excited to go again sometime and let my whole family experience it!  I know that Taylor & Rylee will absolutely love it.  It's just like a scene out of Tangled.
I've said it once, but I'll say it again.  I love my people.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Glad you had fun!!!

Kim said...

Lantern fest was amazing. Your pics capture it all so well.
Fun time!