Monday, October 1, 2018

Seaquest

Casey & I decided to take Luke & Alexa on a date for their birthday.  We went to Seaquest in the Layton Hills mall and it was amazing!  It was quite pricey though.  You had to pay for your entrance and then pay for tokens to feed the animals.  It was a perfect day to go!  Early on a Monday morning.....no field trips....no mom groups....we pretty much had the place to ourselves!

The first exhibit was IGUANAS!  I really thought that Luke would be quite squeamish on this adventure but he was in heaven.  Iguana's are so creepy...but I loved them too.  They have a vending machine when you enter to get little cucumber slices to feed to them.  Luke seriously couldn't get enough.
Lexi on the other hand was  NOT in heaven.  She wouldn't get close to the big tortoise to feed him his carrots.  She FREAKED out when a bird landed slightly her hand.  She was a pro at posing for pictures and at the VERY last encounter she decided to be super brave and try to feed the little sharks a fish.  They didn't seem to hungry though.
 We even had to opportunity to hold a tarantula.  I can't believe I did it.  And I can't believe I faked enjoying it long enough to get a picture.
 Luke (& myself) LOVED the little fish that eat the dead skin off of your hands.  Casey hated it AND Alexa hated it.  We even tried to bribe her with a gift form the gift shop and she still couldn't do it.  I told her they were tiny fish kisses and she still couldn't do it.  Luke & I could have stayed there all day!  They have a pedicure station set up with the fish- I'd totally do that.
It really was a great outing.  I loved the stingrays because it looked like they were smiling.  I love my twinsies so dang much.  

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Iguanas should be in a cage. Talk about eye to eye contact. I wonder if they ever hiss or snap.
Tarantula crawling on you!?!?! That's just crazy!!!

Kim said...

I can't believe you let that spider crawl on you!
I love the look on Lexi's face in these pictures. Hilarious.