Sunday, April 28, 2019

Branding Festival 2020

Casey is working a weekend graveyard shift so he wasn't able to take Caleb out bright and early for the beginning of the Saturday branding festival.  Luckily Angela, Jeff & Blake were part of the morning crew and let him ride with them.  He was in charge of the gate - but was happy to let Taylor & Rylee take over when they got there and he got some reading done.
Blake has gotten so much braver over the years.  I wish I could say so for myself.  Cows still scare me to the core.  Angela is always so dang fancy!  Just ask Taylor.
 Luke, Lexi, Taylor & Rylee all had soccer games in the morning, but then we were able to make it out west.  Luke liked having the job of keeping the elastics on the de-nutter (??) and Lexi was just chillin.  Luke got bonked on the head with the heavy end of the hot shot....that resulted in some alligator tears.  Ice packs and band-aids.  Best placebos out there!
 I wish I knew what these ladies were thinking.  Were they talking to each other about what they were doing?  Were they using mental telepathy?  I hoping that whatever their goal was that it was accomplished. 
Only two selfies were taken!!  But they ended up being good ones.
 As far as I could see - it ended being a good day.  Tazer Tay was always at the ready and uncle Dylan helped the kids pet a calf.  They only thing missing was baby bunnies.  Last year they were so cute!  The kids kept asking when we could go find them.

1 comment:

Kim said...

The good ol Branding Fesival. How many will there be?