Yard work! Casey made a trommel for his gold panning hobby and it made a fantastic tool for sifting out the rocks for our little strawberry and daisy garden.
Little Taylor sound asleep with her face mask on. I love when the girls sleep with these things.
I thought it was so weird that Casey cut holes in his gloves. I asked him if it was so he could take selfies and text while he was working. He thought that was hilarious, so I started calling them his texting gloves.
WoRmS on our walk home from preschool.
At Discovery elementary the 5th graders have to pick a person (past or present) that has accomplished something great or known for something memorable. Caleb wanted to be Michael Jackson....um, no. He mentioned Hitler (I think he was joking), but that was a HARD no. We settled on Gail Halvorsen, the candy bomber from WW2. He did awesome on his poster and thanks to Amazon, we were able to find a killer costume and then return in. Dishonest or resourceful?
Casey took to the mountains either on bike or on foot for some exercise during this nice May weather. Documented it with a selfie or two. And even found a couple of neat things with his metal detector.
This kid! I wish he wasn't so hard on himself. He does amazingly well in the high jump. He got 3rd place last year and barely missed on getting 3rd place this year. He gets so frustrated, but what he doesn't realize is he really has to JUMP! He is so much shorter than his classmates that some of them kind of just step over the pole. I was pretty proud of him.
Geez! The month of Caleb! I argued with this kid to enter the yearbook cover contest and he was one of the top 6! He loves to draw and is so creative and being a mom is hard. I am glad that the arguing and pushiness from me paid off and that he will remember that MOTHER! Knows best. His prize was an awesome art set with really nice colored pencils and advanced coloring pages. And my prize was that giant smile on his face.
For the end of the year field trip Casey escorted Caleb and his group on Front Runner to the Leonard Museum. The kids were told they could bring phones, tablets, games or snacks for the train. Caleb BEGGED me to let him take a tablet and I told him to just take a couple of card games and some snacks to share with his friends. Casey took this picture and it broke my heart for a couple of reason. What. Is. Wrong. With. Some. Parents. Not saying I am always right - but holy crap. I hat that they all have their faces buried in their phones. I hate that my kid probably felt left out. BUT - they all had a good time at the museum and they even found a little display about Gale Halverson!
There was a green screen at the museum and the boys thought that was pretty awesome.
Taylor & Rylee also had their field trip on the same day & I got to accompany them. We went to the Dinosaur Park in Ogden and got DRENCHED. They had a couple of classes indoors and then a booklet of questions that led us on a little scavenger hunt outside...in the pouring rain. We were all in good spirits until our toes were soaking wet, then all the kids got pretty cranky. The weather lifted just in time for lunch and the bus ride home!
We headed up Logan Canyon one afternoon to meet some of Mona's extended family. This cutie has perfected his mallow toasting skills. Another proud mama moment!












2 comments:
Love it all. I agree with you on the phones. The kids are missing out.
That was some wrap up. I love Caleb all dressed up for his report. I can't wait to see how this kid changes the world.
Post a Comment