Friday, September 12, 2008

Brittni the Movie Chick

MAMMA MIA - Two thumbs all of the way down. I HATED it! There was a couple of spots that made me chuckle, but it was almost like it was an out of body experience - like my body had to laugh to keep from having a seizure from watching something so stupid. Pierce Brosnan will never be the same. He started singing a song and it was a sad one...Angela said "Oh Pierce...don't cry" I said "Oh Pierce....DON'T SING!! Go shoot something!" If you're wondering, I would not recommend going to see Mamma Mia. What is strange - is I usually LOVE musicals so I thought Mamma Mia was going to be a shoe in!! Here are a few of my fav.

GREASE - Two thumbs straight up - like a martini - A true classic. Good humor...good acting....good singing.....good songs....you just can't go wrong with Grease.
HAIRSPRAY - Two ecstatic thumbs up. Edna, Tracy, Link, Corny (oh my heart be still)...love them all! Like Grease - good humor...good acting...good singing...good songs....good costumes....good story....well I'm beginning to wonder if I have a subconscious love thing for John Travolta? Since he plays a woman in Hairspray, is my subconscious a lesbian??? Not that there is anything wrong with that.

3 comments:

Angela said...

The Gnome Mobile, Cinderella (with people), Saturday's Warrior, Rock and Roll Mom. Ya, we grew up with the best musicals eva!

Ashley said...

The gnome mobile, the gnome mobile, We're riding along in the gnome mobile! I hope you're not gay. We don't want Casey to end up like Ross. Just watch the last part of the movie where Corny says "Hey baby, you look like you could us a stiff one!" and pretend like he's talking to you. That should set you straight.

Sandra said...

All I could think when I read that that review (as my stomach giggled)was I love Brittni