Thursday, March 26, 2009

Cake, Dancing & Birds

Yesterday I had my niece Kaetlyn over so that we could make Shelby's (my brother-in-law, her uncle) birthday cake. We had quite a day! We both ate our fair share of cake batter & frosting, but the cake eventually got decorated. Kaetlyn did the bottom border & the balloon strings. I got to do the balloons & the white. We both went nuts on the confetti. What's a party without confetti & balloons?? I have to say that my cake recipe is killer, but my frosting needs some work. After we made the cake we did some DDR. I wonder if she's as sore as I am today. We have 3 dance mats so I thought, one for me, one for her & one for Caleb. Well - I would sit Caleb on his & he would turbo crawl over to our mats & he had to have one hand on each. He sat like that forever it was funny. We then went to celebrate Shelby's bday at Brad & Mona's. We had taco salad, wheat rolls & cake & ice cream. When I was feeding Caleb lunch today I noticed a flock of robins in our back yard. There was AT LEAST 20 of them. I had to take the pictures through the windows, so they aren't the best. They are probably wondering what happened to spring as much as I am!
Me - in bird form.
Man & wife bird conversation
Man: I told you it wasn't spring yet
Woman: It is so spring you freaking idiot.
Can't you see the luscious green grass coming through the snow?
Man: That's probably from last year dum dum.
Woman: I hate you.
Our car has been being weird for at least the past year. The heater wouldn't work unless you were going over 50. Needless to say - trips to the store this winter have been a bit on the nippy side. We FINALLY took it in to have it all fixed. Something with the transmission...the coolant was all gunky for some reason...and a couple new gaskets. $1000 later...ouch. Labor cost was more than half of the total amount! I'm going to push Caleb to be a mechanic. Good thing Casey is working shutdown at Nucor the next couple of weeks so that we can attempt to come out on top of this crappy money situation.

3 comments:

Kellie said...

You are so funny! :) Do you have DDR for the PS2 or Wii? I've really been debating buying it, but don't know if I'd like it. What's your take on it? I mean...I don't want my obituary to say that I passed away playing DDR! :)

Ashley said...

DDR rules man. I forget what a good workout it is until I play it. I just don't have anyone to play with :( Cute cake and nice bird convo ya fruit.

Josh and Kelly said...

Love the bird conversation! You are too funny :)