Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Weekend

Friday: Casey, Caleb & I packed up our lunch and headed out to Dove Creek. Did you just say to yourself "where??" It is just west of Park Valley. Casey's parents have some property out there & we went for a picnic. We had a good lunch & a relaxing afternoon visiting. The weather was pretty much perfect - it's about time for that!
Saturday: The annual Anderson family Promontory picnic. Holy crappy weather! It was pretty windy & cold & sprinkles of rain. Needless to say - we made it a quick trip. We had some hot dogs from Premium meat (delicious!) & tried to brave the weather, but Caleb was NOT having it. So we headed home.
Dad & Dylan trying to stay warm by the fire.
Blake, Angela, Mom & Rugee getting out of the wind in one of the caves.
Casey & Caleb coming down off of the hill.
Jordon staying warm in the truck.
Later that night we all went to Angela's house for some cake for my brother's bday & some Metallica Guitar Hero. It was a freaking blast!! Some of you will notice in this cake picture that I am freaking retarded. That is NOT how you spell my brother's name. I made the cake on Friday & I didn't even realize it was wrong until Saturday. I'm blaming it on my nasty cold that won't go away. It puts cobwebs in my head. The cake did get fixed before he saw it though.
Sunday: So - starting on Friday, I was getting sick & by Sunday I'm a stuffy, congested mess. I have to breathe with my mouth open - so you can picture how attractive that is. Grrrr baby. Caleb had a very cranky day & the Easter Bunny couldn't even save his crankiness. He got a fun new swing & didn't want anything to do with it. He acted like we were putting him in a torture chamber & looked like he was going to vomit when he was being pushed. Hopefully he'll cheer up & like it in a few days. Casey's family came over for dinner & it was yummy.
I got a haircut....not really a cut, but I got more bangs. It's funny how all I did for years was grow them out...grow them out...grow them out & now it seems like I get more & more each time I go get my hair trimmed. Us women are never satisfied. This isn't the greatest picture, but it's all I have.

4 comments:

Angela said...

Nice hair. Maybe you should go to the doc. You might have mono:) Like I've never heard that before! Seriously.....let's get together. HA!

Sandra said...

Love, love, love the pic of Ang in the cave. Too funny. Caleb is a little stud in the pic with him all alone in his cute little blue jacket. Last but not least, love the hair, grrrr baby.

Kellie said...

I love the bangs! Mine need to be cut again. I know what you mean about working to grow them out all that time! :) I hope you and Caleb are both feeling better. Now that it's warm we need to get together and play!

Anonymous said...

hmmmmm you can't even spell your own brothers name right?! what kind of sister are you????? I mean im sure he has been in your life maybe 19 years or so (rough estimate) and you cant spell his name right. I'm sure that you crushed that poor lads spirit and he needs to be bought a large pizza and some mountain dew!!