Friday, September 18, 2009

Where have I been??

In the kitchen!! I'm very lucky because my boss has quite a few peach trees & always hooks me up with a LOT of peaches. The pears are off of our trees in our back yard. Casey took some peaches that we didn't use & had started to get flies to the dump last night & took all of the pears too!! I was totally going to can them, but I was waiting for them to ripen a bit more. I can't complain though - he thought he was helping & really, less work for me. I am grateful that I have so much delicious food on my shelves! I'm excited to make more grape jelly this October. It's sooooo good!
28 Quarts of Peaches
I think fresh canned peaches are so pretty!


12 Pints of Jam
20 Pints of Regular Salsa
10 Pints of Peach Salsa

AND - my little sister is finally MARRIED!! Her dress was stinkin cute and it's always fun to look back & see how much STRESS went into the whole thing & now it's just . . .over! It was a nice time for them. May they live happily ever after!

4 comments:

Keri said...

Ashley was super cute! All the way to her shoes. You have been busy! Your peaches were perfection!

Anonymous said...

oI am so proud of you and your canning abilities. What a great feeling to know that YOU can preserve food for your family for a time when you will enjoy it later. That makes me very happy. :-) And Caleb is really the peach of all peaches in that picture. I love that little boy.
(not really anonymous hehehe...it's me mona)

Josh and Kelly said...

I need you to teach me how to can....you're amazing!!

Mike and Amber said...

Holy cow! You have been a busy girl lately! Tell Ashley congrats for me. She looks so pretty. I love her dress!