Monday, April 19, 2010

Baby Animal Days

A little over a week ago Caleb & I met my mom at the American West Heritage Farm in Logan (or maybe it's Wellsville or Hyrum...somewhere that way) Every spring they have a whole bunch of baby animals that you can pet & play with. There was even a train ride - pony rides - bouncy houses - & food that smelled divine! I wanted to try a deep fried twinkie - but alas, I didn't. I've always wanted to try one of those things! It sounds so sinful that it has to be delightful. My mother has an odd sense of humor. We saw this little girl waiting in line & the fact that her headband was covering her eyes cracked my mom up. She said "Bwah aha hah ah cackle cackle...take a picture! take a picture!" So - I took a picture.
Caleb was NOT interested in the animals at all! I should have got him a sitter & just went with my mom! I love baby animals. They are toooooo cute!
Caleb was so excited when this chicken clucked for him & he got a little closer & the darn mow hawk chicken attacked the fence! Caleb was quite startled after that. Stupid chicken.
He was so careful not to get to close to the goats!
The calf was the only thing that Caleb wanted to pet.
A newborn baby rabbit!! IT WAS SO CUTE!!
I could not believe how many people were at this event! We went at 10:00 on a Thursday morning & it was crazy already. They had people directing traffic & everything. At least I know what to expect for when (or should I say if) I ever decide to return. Caleb might care in a couple of years...but he is just so happy when he is outside that he just wants to run! His favorite part of the whole day was running for the exit. What a silly kid.
Caleb is growing up! He's starting to look more & more like a little boy instead of a baby. We decided to put him into a 'big kid bed' a few nights ago & so far so good! He's sleeping through the night still - & has only fell out of bed once. I thought with a queen size bed we'd avoid him falling out of it - but no such luck.
He was coloring the other day & had a marker in each hand & was intently inspecting them and then he looked at me....shut his eyes....& shoved the markers in his face! I'm not sure what he was trying to achieve, but it was hilarious!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Cute blog. What a cute boy. :)
Your mother must be weird.

Sandra said...

I love the pics, tooooo cute. This may surprise you but when I saw the kid with the band covering it's eyes I laughed out loud. Kim is right, it is funny.