Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Easter! (better late than never)


We started our Easter weekend with a trip to the Fort Buenaventura Rendezvous in Ogden. I didn't know that cute place even existed! It would be a really fun place to go & take a long walk one day - with some mace & a pit bull of course. It was very cold & muddy - so we didn't stay long.
This picture really accentuates my 'Jay Leno' chin
The Saturday before Easter we had an Easter egg hunt at my parents house & delicious food. Caleb wasn't interested in the eggs at all. He was throwing them out of the toy house window and clapping for himself because he thought it was awesome! I think we're still at the stage where I'm getting more excited for holidays than he is. One day that might change. I was totally bummed that the weather didn't cooperate so that we could go to our annual Promontory picnic :( Hopefully next year we can!
'Little purple pansies trimmed with yellow gold....'
Caleb searching...
Tossing his egg out the window.
Dylan couldn't find his last egg...
Can you?
They are both laughing at something.
Dylan is awesome.
Uncle Jordon rocks!!
On Easter Sunday I had a mental breakdown. It was fabulous. I wanted to watch conference & didn't really get to (because it's impossible with a toddler) & had to work that night & needed help putting a slide together that the Easter Bunny had left for Caleb. What did my spouse do? Hid in the basement all morning. I don't know why - but I sure was feeling picked on that day! BUT - Caleb LOVED his slide & all of his Easter goodies.
Letting his candy go first...

3 comments:

Shels said...

Looks like fun-despite the little meltdown. :) I saw you and your Mom and Caleb at Baby Animal days. We were riding the train and you guys were waving as we went by-I thought you were waving at me till I realized I have 3 kids sitting on my lap so I assumed you couldn't even see me! It was fun though-hope you guys enjoyed it too.

Kim said...

Cute pictures. Caleb was a cute little Easter egg hunter. That's funny we were waving at Shelsie on the train.

Me said...

i'm hoping i'm remembering my pass word. just in case....we sure love your little Caleb and we love you and Casey too. :-)