Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Punkins!

I know - it's not a punkin.  It's a pumpkin.  Punkin is stooooopid!  (yes - I know it's stupid).  Wow - I must be exhausted.  My humor is super duper lame.
 
While Casey was on leave after the new twins were born he bought the kids some little pumpkins and let them paint them.  What a nice dad!  I can't seem to capture a decent picture of these 3 - what will happen when I try to get one of 5 children?!?!  Remember back in the day when you would snap 1 or 2 pictures & wouldn't know if one worked or not for weeks?  Digital cameras are a blessing & a curse sometimes.
  Angela hosted the pumpkin carving party this year.  She made a turkey & we had delicious sandwiches & cookies.  My mom made apple nachos & they were wonderful.  We had a lot of party poopers this year.  Caleb, Casey, Griffen  & Blake were the only ones who carved pumpkins!
 Griffen & Blake had worked really hard raking up the leaves in their backyard.  My kids made sure that they had something to do the next day.  They made a mess!  All of my kids would grab and armful - then run across the yard to throw them at Griffen.  It was funny.  Everyone had a blast!
Our pumpkins turned out great as always.  Casey & Caleb carved the spooky tree, Blake made the awesome mummy & Griffen carved the cute clown face.  Taylor had a few shots of milk & I'm not sure - but do you think my dad needs a haircut?

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Too funny. Love the little punkin pics, what's a mom to do?
Few "shots" of milk, that's funny, I don't care who you are. Playing in the leaves looks like a blast.

Kim said...

This post made me laugh. I do believe that your sense of humor is showing signs of sleep deprivation. I think a pile of leaves should be on the agenda every year from now on. Good memories.

Ashley said...

I love your opening paragraph. You are obviously too tired to be blogging.