So - whenever I see the words "The Blessing" or hear someone say "The Blessing" I can hear Uncle Lewis from the movie Christmas Vacation telling Aunt Bethany to say Grace at Christmas dinner.
Aunt Bethany: Grace? She passed away thirty years ago.
Uncle Lewis: They want you to say Grace.
[Bethany shakes her head in confusion]
Uncle Lewis: The BLESSING!
Aunt Bethany: [they all pose for prayer] I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the republic for which it stands/ One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
Clark: Amen.
Now I'll get serious. On Sunday, December 1st Casey gave the babies their blessings in church. They looked adorable. Luke wore the same outfit that Dylan & Caleb wore & Alexa wore one of Taylor & Rylee's dresses. They looked adorable (of course)
I am kind of sad that these are my last babies. Don't get me wrong - I know my family is complete...but babies are just stinking cute & bring a sense of calmness with them. With two though there is a fair amount of crazy with a large dose of sleep deprivation. I love all of my kids & think they couldn't be any cuter.
Casey gave both of the kids great blessings. Everyone at church oooooed & ahhhhhed over them. They won't see them again for at least 4 months. I'm not risking RSV!
Can you believe that they are already 2 months old?!
After the blessings Casey's family & my family came over for a fabulous lunch. Brad & Mona got meat & cheese trays & we had sandwiches & salads & brownies & cookies. It was wonderful to see everyone & to have their love & support. All of the kids got along well & it was a drama free day. I love those!

3 comments:
I could look at those babies all day. When you see 30 views on your blog it could be me. Tee Hee
It was a very nice day. And I agree, your kids are adorable!
I agree with the baby statement. They do bring a sense of calmness. Someone told me babies give us a glimpse of heaven. Oh my I'm tearing up. Beautiful kids, beautiful family.
Post a Comment