Friday, January 3, 2014

Ick - Resolution Time!

I was looking at last years resolutions....I sucked big time.  It makes me not even want to make any resolutions this year! 

Here are last year's resolutions....
-Lose 30 MORE pounds.  -  Um....more like gained 40.  Thanks Luke & Alexa!!
-Give Caleb more one on one attention. -  I'm going to give myself a 6 out of 10 on this one.
-Plant Green beans & bottle them. - Fail.
-Go on a date (with Casey) once a month - We did this Jan, Feb, March & April....then stopped.
-Try one new recipe for dinner once a month - Fail.  There was no way I was standing on my feet long enough to master a new recipe.
-Save more $ - Fail
-Find joy in every day (yes...again) - I really tried on this one!
-Stop eating after the kids go to bed.  - Fail



Well - let's hope the 2014 goes much better.  No more babies for me - so I can do better at the YEARLY resolution repeat which is.....
-Lose 30 (or more) pounds.   Shocked?  I'm on day 3 of Weight Watchers...I know it works, but eating whatever you want whenever you want is fun.  To bad I can't be skinny & do that!
-Quit saying "In a minute"  Chores can wait....my kids are only kids once.  If what I am doing can be done later - I am going to try to take the 5 minutes that my kids need me to snuggle....fix a toy....dance....whatever!  I also want to have a movie night with the kids once a week.
-Budget monthly & stick to it!!
- Pay our tithing
-Stop eating after the kids go to bed. - Unless I saved the WW points for something.

Fingers crossed!

3 comments:

Me said...

I read your blog and I smiled. Maybe you didn't succeed at all your goals 100 % or the way or succeed at 100% of them. But look at what you have succeeded in. When I read the word "fail" it makes my heart sad because YOU are not a failure. Maybe that time in your life just wasn't the right time to attempt those particular goals. The fact that you made those goals says something very good about you. And I see such good goals for this year. Just want you to know that I KNOW you can and will succeed at the things that you want to do. You are an inspiration to me. Thank you.

Sandra said...

I wish they had pom pom smiley faces so I could send you two. Go Brittni, Go Brittni We will be so bangin at birthday breakfast I can hardly wait.

Kim said...

You don't get to say fail. Look at what you did instead. You made not one but TWO beautiful babies. You didn't know that was going to happen when you made your 2013 resolutions. You are brave to put your resolutions out there for all to see. They are all worthy goals and I hope you achieve them.