Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Anderson Christmas!

'Twas the Saturday before Christmas which means - party at the Anderson's! 
My parents sure raised some good cooks.  Yes...I just patted my sisters and myself on the back.  We make a mean spread!  Ashley brought bacon wrapped pineapple.  Yes, you read that correctly.  They were so good!  My mom made bacon wrapped jalapeño poppers.  I didn't like them as much as the pineapple, but definitely delicious as well!  I made some lemon bars for dessert, they were really good as well.  It's no wonder I'm a smidge on the chunky side.  Angela was in charge of the jello pretzel salad, and it was a winner too!  Go girls!
 
After we ate, we headed downstairs to open presents.  Caleb was the most excited.  Grammy & papa Don gave him a sweet castle.  The Jensen's were fabulous and gave him some knights, horses and an ogre that went with his castle.  There hasn't been a day since this party that he hasn't played with it.
 Oh My Goodness.  Elsa needs to Let it Go already!  I wonder if her batteries will ever die?  My parents gave Eva, Taylor & Rylee a beautiful light up Elsa that SINGS.  She also says a bunch of other sayings.  Rylee's favorite to imitate is, "I'm Queen Else of Arendelle."  One day she was playing with Buzz and she said, "I'm Buzz Light Year of Arendelle."  It cracked me up.  Eva & Rylee were quite smitten with their dolls.  Eva gave the girls each a stick horse for their gift.  Rylee's is purple and she said, "Ohhhhhh!  My favorite!"
  Luke & Alexa got a sled from Grammy & papa Don.  They love it when someone pulls them in it.  They look adorable - of course.  The Jensen's gave them a cute ride on giraffe.  They weren't able to really play with it until the next day at home, but they both love it!  The big kids also love it.  I should buy them baby toys.
Blakie got a jacket with ear buds & a sweet lime green Hurley hat.  Griffy Poo got a mask for snowboarding and some shoes.  His feet are gigantic!  I think he is a size 13!!  I gave my mom a calendar...I guess it will be my gift form here on out.  I hope that she and my dad both enjoy it.  I love pictures.  I went in on a foosball hoodie for my dad.  I will just say, fail.  No one knew what the figure was.  My mom asked if we designed it.  Ummmm....nope.  It came that way.  I hope he still wears it.  I guess ya can't win them all!
 Eva is a crack up.  She loved pulling Lexi in her sled.  My kids were whiners.  They said Luke was too heavy! 
 After we opened gifts we played Christmas Pictionary and some Mad Gab.  I love both games.  I hate that when I draw, the marker isn't even doing anything close to what my brain is telling it to.  I love that in mad gab, you say the phrase - example 'Easel Aid Ease Man' - and the person flipping the card thinks you just said it, when in reality you have no freaking clue what you just said.  It's a fun game! Merry merry!!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Aw. The looks on those kids faces. So glad someone captured those moments. It's all about the littles! I want some more bacon wrapped pineapple. I guess any bacon wrapped food would do.

Sandra said...

Those pictures are great. I love Caleb's sweet castle, the look on Eva's face looking at the doll, the wee littles in their sleighs with those cute little beenies, Eva pulling Lexi, seriously, cute, cute cute!!!!

Ashley said...

I'm glad we got to come and didn't infect your children. That's the best grandkid picture yet!