These little people have LOVED messing up the Christmas tree from day 1. I knew that they would. Their curiosity is adorable. Messy...but adorable.
We have read several Christmas books! My favorite one to read is 'Twas the Night Before Christmas. Casey's favorite is The Twelve Days of Christmas and the kids favorite is Elf on the Shelf.
I love this picture. They were just watching a little TV (as not to be rowdy & mess up their cute hair) and they laid by one another on the floor. So freaking cute!
The girls & I constructed a gingerbread house & Casey & Caleb constructed the train. Caleb wanted a gingerbread boy to be in the box car of the train. I love to see the creativity of all of my kids. Caleb's tree has a yellow candy at the top all the way around for a star & little candies only for the ornaments. Rylee's tree is a fantastic, festive one with a little bit of everything. Taylor's has just one kind of candy in perfect little rows.
The kids got to see Santa! Luke & Alexa didn't say much, but the didn't cry! Caleb asked for SkyLander stuff (something to do with the Xbox) and the girls, very quietly, asked for princess toys. I sure hope they were good enough! I think that they have been.
Caleb has been obsessed with "Christmas Cookies". We went to my mom's Christmas party & he kept asking her for a Christmas Cookie. She was beyond confused as to why this cute little boy was asking her for such a thing. So one night we all made some Neiman Marcus chocolate chip cookies. It is one of Casey's memories from childhood. His mom would always make them. After they were all done Caleb said, "This isn't a Christmas cookie." I was floored. "Why not," I asked. "Because is isn't in the shape of a tree with frosting on it." Of course - being the wonderful mother that I am, I made his wish come true. Y U M.
We braved the weather (60's...it was perfect. A little weird for Christmas time, but perfect!) and went to City Creek & Temple Square one early evening to see the lights. I love the lights in this picture and the temple in the background. I didn't even plan that...I just happen to be THAT good people!!
They kids were really good!! The loved the fountains at the Temple grounds and the lights and fountains at City Creek. They little ones were very good. They even kept their hats on! They probably didn't need to though. Casey & I didn't even put on our jackets! We got asked TWICE if we had triplets AND twins. Caleb is in need of a growth spurt I guess. It drives Casey crazy when people ask about our kids. I guess he doesn't realize that we are freaks of nature. 2 sets of twins AND we go out in public. We are NUTS.




5 comments:
Such a good blog. I love Lexi's cute little face in the picture where Casey is reading to them. It warms my heart. Lights at City Creek is a way cool pic too. It all looks fun, I hope you had a Merry Christmas.
Cute pics! Temple square looks so pretty. I think we will have to miss it this year :(
Love all these pictures. They just put me in a good mood. And here's a word not about the blog. I am very happy that I get to share my grandkids with such a great grammy and poppa don. Lucky kids and lucky grandparents. :-)
Maybe could keep notecards in your pocket and pass them out to those that are ready to ask..........?
Cute post! Merry Christmas!
I love this post. You are one good momma.
Luke & Lexi look like "What? Us? We're innocent. Honest."
I love the trees, how they are all individual.
I am so glad that Caleb got his Christmas cookies. He must have seen that in a movie or a story book. Why would he think he would come to Grammy's for a Christmas cookie of all things. Sigh. Made me fell guilty.
The pics at City Creek are adorable. And I totally did think you posed for the one with the temple. Great picture.
And to Grandma - we feel very blessed to have these little ones in our lives. They are so lucky to have a Grandma & Grandpa and a Grammy & Pappa Don who love them so much. How did we get so lucky to have the cutest grandkids in the world?
Post a Comment